• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HMMMMMM! 800 OR 1100 TURBO 4 STROKE WHAT U BUYIN!

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
if i buy, it will be the 800...goin to the show this weekend then i will decide.

Can't afford the 1100t but I would be on the fence if I could. I would wanna run it 1st. guys leave the yami's all the time for a 800 ...weight matters. the 1100t could be a game changer...time will tell

I loved my 2010 and figure with the same power and HOPEFULLY better "power to the ground" with the chaincase and a new chassis...I will be happy with the 800. proclimb 162 SP would be my choice.

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
After My M8 seized on me last weekend I have ordered a m1100t L.E. All the planning, $$ and driving every time we go sledding to be ruined by a two stroke. Thats twice now on two different breeds of sleds, thats enough. Thank goodness for cat care warranty. Supertrax interview says 85 lbs. off of the four stroke turbo. $400.00 and you are at 220 h.p. sounds pretty fun to me.

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
After My M8 seized on me last weekend I have ordered a m1100t L.E. All the planning, $$ and driving every time we go sledding to be ruined by a two stroke. Thats twice now on two different breeds of sleds, thats enough. Thank goodness for cat care warranty. Supertrax interview says 85 lbs. off of the four stroke turbo. $400.00 and you are at 220 h.p. sounds pretty fun to me.

I had a ruined trip early this year due to a 2 stoke motor failure 10 miles into the first day of a 5 day trip. The trip I took this year in February almost had my motor burn down in the first 1/4 mile on the first day. The last trip I took I was able to ride 3 out of 5 days, and the next day after I got back I put a deposit on my M1100T SnoPro LE.

psychosledder73

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Fernie BC
I've blown engines also and usually it was due too misadjusting a fuel setting etc when running lots of mods. Any of my sleds which have styed pretty much stock I've had no issues with other then with my 03 summit which would stick a piston every 800 miles no matter what I did. I want the 1100
due to the ease of upping the boost easily. But will be spending some money to drop some weight.

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
yes the four strokes are supposed to be reliable but they do fail also and when they do you had better have real deep pockets, i love the 4 strokes also but i know what to be prepared for when you push them with boost or what ever and the engine fails. everything can fail 2 or 4 strokes.

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
I am tired of this 2 stroke bashing crap. If you guys have been on M's the last 6 years why werent you complaining then? There are 09 & 10 M8's that have been turbo'd since 0 miles that have 6000-8000 miles on them. ONly paying 200 dollars for new pistons every 4k miles? Not too bad? If you take care of it and run the best gas, clean pwr valves, clutches etc. there are very few problems!( on the M8 cat only) no m1000 or polaris. Its about weight for the way I ride and where i ride! different terrain like alaska avy chutes or just playing on trail and open fields, 4 stroke with tons of power of course. Trees and throwing sled on its side as you slide down a 50 degreee slope (in the trees) 2 stroke everytime.

Its all about where you ride. they both have there places.

Boostfreak

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2002
Lander, Wyoming
Been riding a turbo apex last couple years. It is alot of fun for sure, but is definately front end heavy. In the more open areas and the hills I would not want anything else. But am getting more into tree riding this year and the apex is a handful for sure. I will be looking at the sleds at the hillclimbs in Jackson. If I like what I see I will be ordering a m800 sno pro 162 to fill the gap the apex leaves:face-icon-small-coo

B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
One of each...problem solved. Side note...6500 miles on 08 m8 cpc turbo.....3 sets of reeds... pistons at 6200.... PM acmntcat. I think he has near 7k on his stock crank.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
not much odd about it. Two strokes don't last. How many years in a row do you run the same sled. I think there is more to your story or you should buy a lotto ticket. Isn't one piston enough anyway ?

On average I have the same sled for about three years and the wrecked piston was my fault . Im messed up adjusting the nitrous system. My point is if I have even had to change pistons every year I'd be fine with it. Saving around a hundred lbs is worth it. I love the idea of the 1100t but the weight might keep me on the 800

Boostfreak

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2002
Lander, Wyoming
white LE 800

Not 100% sure all the details on who can order them but was just at my dealer and he told me that the dealers that were at the show in nashville will be able to order the white LE model in the 800 motor aswell. Think he also said something about only available for some of the western state dealers that went but not positive on that part.

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
I am tired of this 2 stroke bashing crap. If you guys have been on M's the last 6 years why werent you complaining then? There are 09 & 10 M8's that have been turbo'd since 0 miles that have 6000-8000 miles on them. ONly paying 200 dollars for new pistons every 4k miles? Not too bad? If you take care of it and run the best gas, clean pwr valves, clutches etc. there are very few problems!( on the M8 cat only) no m1000 or polaris. Its about weight for the way I ride and where i ride! different terrain like alaska avy chutes or just playing on trail and open fields, 4 stroke with tons of power of course. Trees and throwing sled on its side as you slide down a 50 degreee slope (in the trees) 2 stroke everytime.

Its all about where you ride. they both have there places.
Sorry, didn't think I was bashing. The guy originally posted "what to buy?". Sorry for sharing my experiences or my misfortune or according to all you guys that have sleds that don't quit, bad luck. I need to come ride with some of you or should have put a turbo on my sled so I could have got the miles on it.

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
I personally love the M800 motor. It loves the boost and with regular maintenance it will last a very very long time. I am glad to see they didn't change anything with it in the Proclimb chassis, well except the pipe but you get what I'm sayin:) If I do get into the Proclimb next season it will be with the 800, and it will be boosted. I love the trees!

Premium Features