• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m1000 slp pipe set.... anybody running a different can other than slp's?

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
i just bought the pipe set for my m1000.... when i lifted the muffler out... geesh it felt quite heavy. i know my d&d barker can is much lighter than slp's. i never had any issues running my d&d can. would it really matter if i ran the barker can instead of the slp can?

V
Jan 21, 2008
Minot, ND
I dont see why it would really matter I am going to try and run my HPS with my SLP pipe and Y Pipe I guess if it doesnt work I will use the SLP Can and have an HPS for sale. I have seen a few others on here run HPS with there SLP setups.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
yeah i fiqured it probably wouldnt matter much but just wanted to see who has ran with a different can since there is a lot of slp pipe sets running out there on the m1000.

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
I've been running my D&D Barker can on my 08 M1000 since the beginning of the year, works fine if you take the time to adjust it. LOUD AS HECK though. Makes my brain hurt :face-icon-small-con

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
I've been running my D&D Barker can on my 08 M1000 since the beginning of the year, works fine if you take the time to adjust it. LOUD AS HECK though. Makes my brain hurt :face-icon-small-con

how did you adjust it? do you put the adjustable piece 90 deg to the other piece or just offset it abit? never really played with it. didnt think it would make much difference.

Premium Features