• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pics of IQR's

R
Nov 27, 2007
Bozeangelas
great vid bud! i wish you had the flipper at the bar more often, but i ride a 121 in the mountains and its what im used too :D

how much better is the hd version? i was looking at the go pros too and think im gonna go with the hd one... how have you liked yours?

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Here's mine. Technically it's a 600RR not a racer, but close enough for me!! Thanks a ton to Meathooker for building me the extension that NOBODY else makes because of the stock cooler. He's the man!! (Look him up if you need an extension for the IQR and especially the RR!) His stuff is unbelievable!

IMG_0329.jpg IMG_0333.jpg IMG_0330.jpg IMG_0331.jpg IMG_0332.jpg

FactoryAir1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
My 09

img_0018.jpg

img_0019.jpg

img_0115.jpg

blockoffplate.jpg

ptosidedriveshaft.jpg

chaincaseguard1.jpg

roughfitting.jpg

rearviewofchaincase.jpg

magsidecoolant.jpg

finalmotorinstall.jpg

sideviewsledwoplastic.jpg

ptosidewoplastic.jpg

img_0483.jpg

img_0476.jpg

img_0479.jpg

cooldown.jpg

FactoryAir1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Hey there lane530, did avid help you out with that drop and roll setup?

He sold it to me, that's about it. Rob was always good about returning phone calls if I had questions, but I'm on the east coast, so I had to figure this one out pretty much on my own. It's do-able, but took about 20hrs (2nd time around wouldn't be so bad, lots of measuring and making sure everything was perfectly aligned). I wanted to run the AVID 3.0 8T drivers, that combined with the PC153 wouldn't have left much for tunnel clearance, I had already spent the money on the 9" rear wheels, so I wasn't gonna cheap out and make the track spin on the 3.0 7T. Plus the attack angle of the stocker is TERRIBLE. Required some work on the mag side steering support for clearance, LOTS of trimming/shaping of the footwell area of the tunnel and the footwell/tunnel supports required a TON of trimming also. Rob was pretty confident this was the first time anyone put one on an IQ, and I had to do SOMETHING to make my sled a "little" different from all of Winters (which btw I must give props to, as he is the guru who started the IQR/VE mtn conversion craze).

V

Vertical

Mar 10, 2008
Cool deal! I was just curious if someone actually made a kit for the IQR. I've called Holz before and they figured they didn't have one available. But that's good to know. If I ever end up doing a conversion I'll know who to talk to!:D How do you like the handling of this thing in the deep stuff?

FactoryAir1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Cool deal! I was just curious if someone actually made a kit for the IQR. I've called Holz before and they figured they didn't have one available. But that's good to know. If I ever end up doing a conversion I'll know who to talk to!:D How do you like the handling of this thing in the deep stuff?

The mounting holes line up perfectly. Which in turn allows the jackshaft and brake parts to line up perfectly. It's getting the driveshaft lined up on both sides that poses some challenges. As far as handling, I'm coming off a 136 with stock race skid and it's night and day. Rides soooooo much better, climbs right up out of the snow, and tracks very well on rough climbs. Skis never get more than 6" off the snow unless you're coming up over a "rise". Stock front end SUCKS for carving/sidehilling. Gonna swap it out for a 41" frt end and do a revalve, then it should be perfect.

C

champyfz450

Jan 13, 2009
Fort McMurray
The mounting holes line up perfectly. Which in turn allows the jackshaft and brake parts to line up perfectly. It's getting the driveshaft lined up on both sides that poses some challenges. As far as handling, I'm coming off a 136 with stock race skid and it's night and day. Rides soooooo much better, climbs right up out of the snow, and tracks very well on rough climbs. Skis never get more than 6" off the snow unless you're coming up over a "rise". Stock front end SUCKS for carving/sidehilling. Gonna swap it out for a 41" frt end and do a revalve, then it should be perfect.

You have a beautiful clean sled there. Great work!

V

Vertical

Mar 10, 2008
Very interesting! Yeah sounds like some pretty meticulous work. I've just ridden a stock 2008 600 IQR and they are plenty of fun. Love the thought of converting one of these for deep snow. The stock suspension is WAY to stiff! Is that a holz skid w/iceage rails?

FactoryAir1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Very interesting! Yeah sounds like some pretty meticulous work. I've just ridden a stock 2008 600 IQR and they are plenty of fun. Love the thought of converting one of these for deep snow. The stock suspension is WAY to stiff! Is that a holz skid w/iceage rails?

Yep, it's the non-alpha fox float skid w/straight 153 rails and two wheel kit from ice-age. I'd love to pick up an 09-10 IQR and keep it stock for spring riding....very fun!

V

Vertical

Mar 10, 2008
Those rails just didn't look familiar to me. I'm located in Canada and those sleds are really hard to come by! I wish there were more of them kickin around these parts. Are you just running the stock motor?

FactoryAir1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Yep, just running the 6er this year. I wanted to get a season in on this new chassis so I could get it dialed before I threw more hp at it. I only ride 1000-4000 ft, when these 600r's are set-up correctly they really rip. Gonna do the 800mono conversion this spring though.

N

Niedet

Jan 23, 2009
Now that my project is as good as finished I can finally show some pics of my sled :)

30382845.jpg

30382774.jpg

Last edited:

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Here is a few updated pics of my sled. I installed the Ez Ryde, lowered the front end, and different skis... Makes a world of difference on this sled. Makes me love it even more!

SDC10261.jpg SDC10262.jpg SDC10263.jpg SDC10264.jpg SDC10256.jpg SDC10257.jpg

FactoryAir1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Here is a few updated pics of my sled. I installed the Ez Ryde, lowered the front end, and different skis... Makes a world of difference on this sled. Makes me love it even more!

Looks good man, good job keeping those pipes looking so good, do they hold the heat well? Or are they a ***** to get/keep hot w/o ceramic coating?

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Na they do good staying nice n hot. I would like to ceramic coat them this summer though just protect them better from the elements. They sure did change color since I first got them. They were a goldish color and now almost black...

sledboy82

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2008
Fargo, ND
i'm going to pick up a rollar with summer and start on my iqr. any pointers from you guys that have done this for a newbie

Premium Features