• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raw upgrade shocks or add tss?

s.e.xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
juneau ak
Looking to either upgrade the shocks on my raw or a tss. Which would be the best upgrade? Only going to be able to do 1.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
My .02

If you feel the shocks are lacking........

The coin to sell and buy an aro will net you much better handling, suspension and overall bike balance.
Plus resale of a bone stock aro will be much better than a modified raw.

T
Feb 1, 2010
Entiat, WA
I'm new to the snowbike world, but I'll share the logic that comes to mind thinking about your situation.

If you're unhappy with overall travel, but okay with the damping and spring rates in the skid, I'd go TSS.

The more likely scenario is that you're unhappy with the damping and spring rates. If that's the case, then the TSS would just be a pig standing on toothpicks. There would be a weak link between the TSS and the ground, negating the good work the TSS is doing.

S
Dec 14, 2009
Idaho
I would upgrade shocks before yours fall apart and potentially damage the track. All but one of the RAWs I ride with have had the front shock break. Better shocks with lighter springs are a big upgrade for flotation, ride and handling on the RAW kits as well.

s.e.xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2008
juneau ak
Ok narrowed down to either exits or raptors! Both look like they are quality shocks. Ive only run fox on my sleds. Anybody have input on either?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Ok narrowed down to either exits or raptors! Both look like they are quality shocks. Ive only run fox on my sleds. Anybody have input on either?

Ford, chevy debate.

Guys who sell one or the other will steer you.

Guys who own one or the other will try to purchase justify.

I recommend calling/ emailing both companies and making your own decision based on how they treat you.
(As that will be an indicator of future treatment)

I’ve never bought new of either.........
Only used.

DanielMerrick

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2014
Northern Ontario Canada
I would upgrade shocks before yours fall apart and potentially damage the track. All but one of the RAWs I ride with have had the front shock break. Better shocks with lighter springs are a big upgrade for flotation, ride and handling on the RAW kits as well.

I second this, had a buddy blow the spring keepers rugby off the front shock last year. I say both and you'll be a changed man

Premium Features