• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

So, You Think You're Tolerant?

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
First reaction was to jump op for his intolerance of poster who chose not to watch .....

After watching, ?,

Extremely accurate and impressive.

If this clip offends anyone, time to look deep inside.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
First reaction was to jump op for his intolerance of poster who chose not to watch .....

After watching, ��,

Extremely accurate and impressive.

If this clip offends anyone, time to look deep inside.

I watched...doesn’t offend me, just think it’s dumb in general. I mean every word in this sentence, no insinuations to any particular group:

If you need to explain how tolerant you are of different people, you have existing pre-judgements and/or underlying guilt.

That has nothing to do with left wing or right wing, but you can superimpose as you see fit. The guy in this video is an idiot to me because he has the fundamental thought problem tearing your country apart right now; having to see people/issues as left or right. Chevy or Ford. For us or against us. Anyone who can’t think past that old crap is just dumb. And I mean every word in that last sentence as well.

Skidoox

Lifetime Membership
Sep 4, 2001
Provo, UT
I watched...doesn’t offend me, just think it’s dumb in general. I mean every word in this sentence, no insinuations to any particular group:

If you need to explain how tolerant you are of different people, you have existing pre-judgements and/or underlying guilt.

That has nothing to do with left wing or right wing, but you can superimpose as you see fit. The guy in this video is an idiot to me because he has the fundamental thought problem tearing your country apart right now; having to see people/issues as left or right. Chevy or Ford. For us or against us. Anyone who can’t think past that old crap is just dumb. And I mean every word in that last sentence as well.

So you are saying you are not tolerant. got it!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Wait...

I'd hate to make the leap of logic that if a person watches this video and feels like it makes sense to them...that makes them intolerant.

Am I reading that wrong?

Jean-Luc Picard

Premium Member
Aug 25, 2017
Blackfoot, Idaho
www.bennyfifeaudio.com
Tolerance vs. Principles

I wouldn't exactly jump & say "the right is more tolerant than the left." I know some on both "sides" who are tolerant, or intolerant. I think more important than whether or not we are "Tolerant," is whether or not we are Principled.

I stand up for things that adhere to the principles I follow. I reject things that do not. As far as tolerance goes, I agree with the principle of "your right to swing your fist ends where my face begins." The less we have to legislate that into effect the better. If we were a completely tolerant society, would we need any kind of laws even? But I'm also a realist & realize that some people will always abuse any system - or lack thereof.

I don't identify with the "left" or "right." I'm a libertarian in principle and a consitutionalist. That said, the constitution is over 230 years old. Things have changed a little & our world is infinitely more diverse & more connected than it was then. But the Bill of Rights is a good place to start for anything when it comes to debates about tolerance. The principles in the Constitution and Bill of Rights are what we are built on & what we should continue to refer to.

Premium Features