• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear Track Shock

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
I need to replace this and need to know the proper style and dimensions for this shock. The existing shock is a generic piece of junk. It appears this came with a RydeFx shock with attached reservoir. A list of suitable replacements would be helpful. Thanks!

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
I like my fox QS3's for the rear of my sled.... you can usually find a good deal on ebay for something rebuilt unless you want to blow big amounts for your skid. Rear shock is 16 5/8" eye to eye and the front rear shock is 12.5" from eye to eye. Hope this helps you in your travels.

Last edited:

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
shock info

I like my fox QS3's for the rear of my sled.... you can usually find a good deal on ebay for something rebuilt unless you want to blow big amounts for your skid. Rear shock is 16 5/8" eye to eye and the front rear shock is 12.5" from eye to eye. Hope this helps you in your travels.

Thanks for your help. So I bought a Fox Zero Pro that supposedly came off a 2006 Fusion. The shock is like new. Only problem is the seller didn't measure it properly and it's only 15 7/8 eye to eye so I'm about an inch short. Will this shock still work or do I need to get the extra length? I only paid $30 for the shock so I'm pretty sure I can get my money back and then some.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Thanks for your help. So I bought a Fox Zero Pro that supposedly came off a 2006 Fusion. The shock is like new. Only problem is the seller didn't measure it properly and it's only 15 7/8 eye to eye so I'm about an inch short. Will this shock still work or do I need to get the extra length? I only paid $30 for the shock so I'm pretty sure I can get my money back and then some.

If you were just trail riding I would say run it but for playing in the deep stuff you would want the rear to be the same. You pull up the rear of the skid and it's going to throw the attack angle of the track off heading into the snow.

mtbraun

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2016
If you were just trail riding I would say run it but for playing in the deep stuff you would want the rear to be the same. You pull up the rear of the skid and it's going to throw the attack angle of the track off heading into the snow.

that makes sense. I'll see what I can find out there with the proper length.

Premium Features