• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 iq rmk

I have an 05 900 efi. I bought it without a motor. Was thinking about putting a big block in it but heard of all the custom stuff that needs to be done so I batched the idea. I did find a 700 efi with all the goodies.. Wiring harness,injectors, ecu everything.. Went tout the motor in thinking it would be a drop in and the injector hits the steering post mount.. I know I've seen posts on this swap but I can't find em. When I try to search the site I get an error code in computer jibberish .. So if anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Won't work. U will have to remove the lower injectors and plug the hole and also cut a notch in the back of the cylinder to clear the steering column.

However..is this the 06 700 motor?? Reply with year of motor and I can tell u how to make it work.

If it's not an 06..your SOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Well, you don't have an easy job..the steering post will need changed to the 06 and repositioned otherwise u will hit the steering linkage

May have to change the oil tank/coolant bottle..

And that's if it goes as planned.

I have extensive knowledge on the 05 bulkhead with 05 case and 06 cylinders but not an option for the 700 top end not the 06 bottom end.

I knw sixty seven gt on the forum did a similar mod so search last 1-3 pages on here it's very recent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Change the Steering Post

I did mine,

I put a 2005 Motor in a 2006.

Bought the complete 2006 Steering set up off ebay for less than a 100.00 shipped.

A few rivets and bolts later and it installed.

Post and pics on here "motor swap "

Premium Features