• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blinking check engine light and bog / loose of power in higher rpm

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Could be bad or poor fuel cause detonation.

Did the set sensor come unbolted? Mine did once and threw the same code. Find bolt, locktite in on back side under the head (it's a pain to get to in the bulkhead)

Chase the thick black wire from the set sensor to Ecu and see if it came disconnected or is shorting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H
Feb 13, 2011
Over here
Could be bad or poor fuel cause detonation.

Did the set sensor come unbolted? Mine did once and threw the same code. Find bolt, locktite in on back side under the head (it's a pain to get to in the bulkhead)

Chase the thick black wire from the set sensor to Ecu and see if it came disconnected or is shorting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the error came after pistons replace ,

R
Mar 10, 2010
I agree...check the DET sensor, if it is lose or fell off it can throw a code. I guess if DET is the issue you could try running a higher octane like 100LL to see if that stops it. This happened on mine and I thought I had fixed and it came back again, the sensor had come lose yet again. I used clear nail polish (tip from a Navy Aircraft mech) and it's never come out again.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
If you aren't careful and zip tie the sensor wires back, it will rub on the jackshaft and short out giving you that error. Happened to mine the first year I had mine. Pull your seat and tank off and locate where it is attached to the ECU and follow it back to the head and chances are you will see it grooved out by the jackshaft running on it. If that isn't it then is just came loose possibly.

Premium Features