• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mod sled build

S
Mar 10, 2014
I am looking to do a mod sled this off season from scratch
I am looking to do a 144" longtrack
And I need you guys help on what motor would be the best for
Relibility and power
I also need help on to what chassis/tunnel to use I put a link
Below on what I'm kind of looking at to do a nice light sled to
Have fun on. Please help me out with you suggestions thank you

https://www.google.ca/search?q=powe...=X&ei=9dYdU4rrGY2EogTbmYGgAw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA#

E
May 1, 2013
Light, powerful and reliable never go together happily in a sentence.

If you want a light sled go for a phazer or a 488 indy trail. Both are well under 500lbs and with a few mods both scoot along pretty good.

If you want power find a wedge ultra and pipe it. It wont be heavy, but it wont be light. If you do a bit of porting along with the pipes you'll have enough power to stomp just about any factory sled in a straight line.

Personally I'd build a phazer with a big triple in it. There was a gut around here who used to have a phazer with a piped ultra in it and man did it go.

I know you said that you want to do a full scratch build but from my experience its that if you have to ask these types of questions then you are not up to the task of a scratch build.

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
This pretty much walks all over most set-ups.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1912053_10153928547825241_450061187_n.jpg
    1912053_10153928547825241_450061187_n.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,111
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i remember when it was still just the vmax motor on nos it was fast, then he put the rx1 motor & turbo & it was crazy,i raced it at one of the big dawg shoot outs with my stroker turbo vector,he pulled away from me pretty easy.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I am looking to do a mod sled this off season from scratch
I am looking to do a 144" longtrack
And I need you guys help on what motor would be the best for
Relibility and power
I also need help on to what chassis/tunnel to use I put a link
Below on what I'm kind of looking at to do a nice light sled to
Have fun on. Please help me out with you suggestions thank you

https://www.google.ca/search?q=powe...=X&ei=9dYdU4rrGY2EogTbmYGgAw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA#

Also depends what's available in your area. Or if its worth the drive to get what you need. Gen 2 s are easy to come by but you could just pick up a whole modded one of those for about a grand.
Its only worth it these days if your just into the sport of building things. Like meeee

Premium Features