• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1.9 High jacker vs. Evo 215 Remap

Truckee Coastie

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2008
Truckee, CA
I have the 1.9 on my sled and read that they don't make a difference. Has anyone road the 1.9 and the Evo 215 reflash? If so, what were the differences. Thank you in advance.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
For whatever reason many have found that the ezjacker has provided very little to no performance increases. The Evo 215 reflash on the other hand is very strong and lively at higher elevations. The reason for this is that the reflash is able to use the trifecta of tuning. Fuel, boost and timing.

K

kraut

Dec 6, 2009
For whatever reason many have found that the ezjacker has provided very little to no performance increases. The Evo 215 reflash on the other hand is very strong and lively at higher elevations. The reason for this is that the reflash is able to use the trifecta of tuning. Fuel, boost and timing.

So does that stand true for the 2.0 Highjacker?Or is there a difference thats noticable.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
So does that stand true for the 2.0 Highjacker?Or is there a difference thats noticable.

I would say it this way. I am not sure what the 1.9 does to supposedly increase the hp. It appears as though the 2.0 has some more capabilities as far as how it controls fuel and boost but it still does not have ignition timing control.

That being said with the thin air at elevation ability to control timing along with fuel and boost is very important with the small turbo.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
The 2.0 works fine. The 1.9 doesn't do anything. The 215 flash is still better and more noticeable than the 2.0 turned up.

lundracing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2011
Rolla, ND
I have had both. I think the 1.9 worked better at low elevation then it did at high. The 215 is better for sure.

D
Sep 27, 2011
Go with the D&D Hot Shot Trail flash 230 hp with good exhaust. Works great , builds boost way faster and changes timing on top ,rev limit at 8600. I had my test sled clutched for 8300 rpm with this set up. $289.00

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
There are quite a few lake/trail flashes out there that work well in their application. If you are riding higher elevation there is only one company that makes the mountain segment their first priority. I can honestly say I have never had a customer complaint about the performance of the Evo mountain tunes, and 70% of them are using another brand of flash or box when i reflash them. If the majority of your riding is below 3000' then there are some good choices for sure, going further up the mountain the choices are more clear.

Premium Features