• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Contour Roam

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Just got deleivered today, and I cannot for the life of me, get the back of it to open so I charge the damn thing! Hints how to open it before I get pissed and end up breaking it?

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
The battery is built in I believe. It is charged via USB. (Like an iPod)

Edit: Maybe you knew that already. Are you saying you can't open it to plug it in? (I don't own one, so I can't closely examine it to see where the plugs are found)

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Yes, you have to open the back to charge it, insert sd card, etc. I have it unlocked, and it just won't open.

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
Yes, you have to open the back to charge it, insert sd card, etc. I have it unlocked, and it just won't open.

Edit: I'm probably just making things up, I don't even think there was a button. It's just that one lock as far as I can remember. It should just..... open? :face-icon-small-con

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
How to get the door open on the Contour Roam

This really pisses me off. I don't read manuals. I break sh@t then ask a buddy how it works most of the time. I got my Roam and tried to get the back off. No go. Frustration. Anger building. So I read the entire manual. Nothing about opening the back of the camera except to identify the lock on the door. Not which position is locked though. Nice. Anger building. Find the Quick start guide. Step 1 is not open the camera, it's charge the camera. Still need to open it. Glock 19 is handy but I suppress the urge to shoot the lock off. Fiddle, fiddle, fiddle. Anger at Def Con 4. Glock option is looking like a go. Fiddle one more time and the door slides right up. Easy Peasy. So for the benefit of my fellow Snowesters. Step 1 is. Slide lock to off. That is the position that is black. Locked is a white dot. Then using thumb and trigger finger on the sides of the door right at 9 and 4 o clock just slide it up. If "up" is confusing look on side of camera. You can read "Contour" printed on the side when it's facing up. Door pops open and is spring loaded. It takes very little force done like this. This camera is not very water proof. Water proof enough but Contour recommends opening the door with the lense facing up(like you are filming your buddy jumping over your head on his new Freeride) so the snow and water doesn't pour in the back. Have fun.

A
Nov 26, 2007
eugene, oregon
One of my biggest gripes with Contour is they don't provide detailed instruction on many items. But I guess I'm the idiot, I just upgraded to their GPS model. Just sync'd it to my Iphone, hope to try it out tomorrow.

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
The best manual for almost anything these days is youtube. I learn better watching and doing than reading anyway. But really, you don't tell people how to do the most basic thing like removing the cover, nice job Contour.

Premium Features