• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carbed Turbo FPR

E
Jan 25, 2009
Erie Colorado
Does it need a return to tank or will the pump not dead head with the little amount of fuel going past the FPR,, I am wondering because I have a Blue rated at 14psi but i was going to set the starting pressure at 4psi so i do not want to ruin my new pump.. and i am not going over 10psi of boos, most likely run at 7 to keep the motor together! What do you think

B
Nov 26, 2007
carb FPR

You need to have a return line back to the tank. If you do not have one when the sled is started the fuel presure will just fill up the float bowls and flood out the motor and carbs. The pump makes what ever presure it makes to the FPR. The FPR controls how much presure you have at any given point to the carbs and only uses the fuel it needs(what ever it is set at 4psi) then dumps the rest back into the tank. But like Mountian said you need to have a boost sensitive FPR so as the boost comes up so does the fuel presure. If you are only running 7psi and you have a 1-1 regulator then the fuel presure should only reach about 11-12psi of presure at 7psi of boost, if that is the case then it sounds like you will have enought fuel presure to run the 7psi of boost that you want. If you run 10psi of boost you will be very very close on the fuel presure, I would be very careful at that boost level because you would be max presure and then some on the pump you have. A boosted motor will not last long when you do not have enought fuel, it makes more power and they break alot quicker!

Hope this helps

Last edited:

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
also make sure that you have enough volume at 14 psi. because the more psi the less volume. I have seen pumps that will not keep enough volume at the sustained pressure.

Premium Features