• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SPARE AXYS BELT AND A SPARE ProRide BELT THEY CAN COMPARE??

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I'm looking to compare the AXYS QuickDrive™ belt to the ProRide QD belt.

If you have both belts as spares for the the AXYS and ProRide sleds in your stable... please help out.

Would like a photo of one on top of the other... that would show a good comparison of length.

A photo of the two next to each other to show width diff, if any.

And a double-checked tooth count on both belts.

Anyone care to take a few moments with their spare belts to help out??

THANK YOU in advance.

Last edited:

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I'm looking to compare the AXYS QuickDrive™ belt to the ProRide QD belt.

If you have both belts as spares for the the AXYS and ProRide sleds in your stable... please help out.

Would like a photo of one on top of the other... that would show a good comparison of length.

A photo of the two next to each other to show width diff, if any.

And a double-checked tooth count on both belts.

Anyone care to take a few moments with their spare belts to help out??

THANK YOU in advance.

I didn't take pics but lined up both belts and they match cog for cog. I measured with a caliper and they are extremely close if not exact. The 115 belt I was using had 50 break in miles so that could have made the tiny difference.

They are close enough for me that the 115 went in the spare belt holder on my AXYS.

I just ride about 15 miles in the marginal snow we have here for a shakedown run. I'm headed to the shop to change weights for the mountains and I'll snap some pics while the belt is off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

K

kmo

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
Dirty Steve, I believe the OP is looking for a comparison of the Quick Drive belts as opposed to the clutch drive belts.......

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Nice work...... But, he is looking for.... "I'm looking to compare the AXYS QuickDrive™ belt to the ProRide QD belt."

He wants the quick Drive belt info, not the drive/clutch belt. Eric

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I was wondering about a 16 QD belt on a 15 with a tensioner. The advantage being that the belt would contact more teeth on the top gear if the belt was long enough. The belt would be easy to change too. The downside is that I don't think the Polaris QD belts are designed to back bend like the Gates Polychain belts that I am used too.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
ANYONE WITH AN AXYS QUICKDRIVE BELT AND A ProRide QUICKDRIVE BELT?

Anyone with the belts to compare?

Teth-air... The Gates Carbon GT belts are not designed for back bending according to the engineers at Gates as well.... but seem to work... Plus, Tom at TKI has been selling the tensioners for the stock belts for a while now... which had me thinking enough to post up a thread on it a few weeks ago on the 16 belt on the 13-15's.

icon3.gif
RUNNING AN AXYS-QuickDrive™ BELT ON A 2013-15 PRO WITH A TENSIONER? FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405220

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I was wondering about a 16 QD belt on a 15 with a tensioner. The advantage being that the belt would contact more teeth on the top gear if the belt was long enough. The belt would be easy to change too. The downside is that I don't think the Polaris QD belts are designed to back bend like the Gates Polychain belts that I am used too.

Look how Hoffman tensions the cmx drive and never had troubles. I also had 4000 miles on mine, with no tensioner, and never let off gas on landings. Maybe something to do with brake on bottom.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Here are some crude pics with an IPhone at near capacity. Longer belt is Axys. Shorter is Pro. Nice to see Polaris lengthened the pulley bolts in a huge way.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
There are 69 cogs on an Axys belt. Diameter of belt is about 9.75". The really cool thing is the lengthening of the pulley bolts. From tip to shoulder approximately 1.75" and 2" overall.

The Pro belt (updated '14 belt) has 68 cogs so 1 cog less and the closest diameter (because it's not perfectly round) is 9.5" average.

I haven't tried fitting the Axys belt on a Pro yet but removal and installation would at the very least require top sprocket removal.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Anyone with the belts to compare?

Teth-air... The Gates Carbon GT belts are not designed for back bending according to the engineers at Gates as well.... but seem to work... Plus, Tom at TKI has been selling the tensioners for the stock belts for a while now... which had me thinking enough to post up a thread on it a few weeks ago on the 16 belt on the 13-15's.

icon3.gif
RUNNING AN AXYS-QuickDrive™ BELT ON A 2013-15 PRO WITH A TENSIONER? FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405220

You are wrong on this, according to Tom. He has mentioned several times he used the Gates engineering data to design his drives including the approved tensioner design. And yes Tom sells the tensioner for the stock belts but what is getting tensioned when they are banjo tight already? He does not agree with the idea, only giving the market what they demand. The belt is tensioned from the outside but not bent backwards as there is no slack for that.

Last edited:
Premium Features