• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

No snow in Cali

D
Nov 27, 2007
NorCal
Myself and 3 to 5 riders are going to the McCall area next week for a long weekend (Wednesday through Sunday)

I have a few questions for some locals...

Where are some places cheap and decent to stay? I have been looking at either hotels? or would it be worth the money to rent a house or cabin?

I do know a buddy from high school that lives in the area for a guide so we are coming up to see some snow! Our northern california winter is not like last year

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

F
Mar 2, 2011
Boise, Idaho
Depends on what you are looking for with your lodging. You can be right in McCall with the hotel so you can enjoy McCall and restaurants or you can look on craigslist under housing--vacation rentals and find a cabin in/around McCall/Donnelley area that will allow you to bring/buy food and be more comfortable. The other place thats an option would be Bear Creek lodge just outside of McCall. Have fun and I hope we get dumped with snow so you guys have a nice weekend.

D
Nov 27, 2007
NorCal
I checked out craigslist for rentals and found a motel and possible cabins to rent

How is the snow? At least there is a base to ride on???
Is McCall a good place to go or is there somewhere better that is worth the 12 hour drive?

I would say all of us are above average riders. All of us on Pro RMK's (hopefully thats not bad that we are on Poos)

Last edited:
Premium Features