• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Quick Straps?

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
I love the quick straps, hate the over the helmet straps. Use some denatured alcohol to clean your helmet before you stick the pads on.

travydog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Tulare south dakota
i wont use a helmet without them thats the only way to go!!!!! I wear glases and thats the best and easyest way I have found.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Ditto to everyone above.

I talked with Tom at 509 & they are coming with quickstraps that will use magnets insted of velcro.
Sounds like a neat idea & am planning on trying them!

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
The only way to go. You'll be hooked just friggen buy em

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
Just make sure that you always have the original strap with you in case one of the pads comes off. I've had the same googles/quick straps for six years. I did finally have to install tiny screws on the velcro side to keep it for falling off.

montanasledder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2001
Butte Montana
i use them on all my helmets. i pack a remount kit in my pack if one happens to come off the helmet or goggle. i rarely wear goggles but its nice to beable to reach back and grab them quickly if there needed

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Well I guess I'm the minority here, I used to use them all the time but have now gone back to the regular straps. Just a personal choice.

On another note I've got like 4 sets of quickstraps (all in black) that I'd be willing to trade straight up for Black, white, or Grey Regular straps, I lost all the ones I had on goggles that I had swapped to the Quick straps.

PM me if your interested.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
Well I guess I'm the minority here, I used to use them all the time but have now gone back to the regular straps. Just a personal choice.

On another note I've got like 4 sets of quickstraps (all in black) that I'd be willing to trade straight up for Black, white, or Grey Regular straps, I lost all the ones I had on goggles that I had swapped to the Quick straps.

PM me if your interested.

I'm with you...I used them and liked them until I had a few epic days where the velcro just wouldn't stay stuck and it really messed with my riding. Ripped em off and won't ever worry about them again!

Rt

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
Trike, I must say that you must of screwed up on the install, on 2 of my old helement's,2 my buddys don't see a reason to upgrade helements, I have given them my old ones and 7 or 8 years never had a problem with the adhesive coming off. Plus It gives me a reason to be one up on em. Lmao

I

INDEEP

Nov 26, 2007
Post Falls, ID
I tried them twice and they let me down both times. The peg side came un stuck from the helmet and ruined the day on two rides. Once that happens there useless. I always wear thin gloves and have no problems with the traditional strap.

Premium Features