• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pics and info from Big Iron

T

triple Black

Dec 11, 2008
Revelstoke BC
www.farwestfilms.com
All in all it was a great weekend but im sure very dissapointing for some of the people who traveled a long distance due to the poor weather and lack of organization.

All the volunteer work was a huge success, especially from Randy and Lori from Zacks Tracks! All we can hope is that sombody like this can pic up the event for next year. The mountain remains clean and not allot of injuries that arent normaly expected from that many people on the hill.

Drag races started out terrable with ozone as a no show but the Alpine boy's put in a great effort to organize something on the spot! As far as I could tell Neil Mclarens apex was the fastest sled making runs.

From there I raced down to the Lower bull pen to make first line up the 90, couple sleds followed up and crashed. Then Kyle Micku Made it over on his 1200 doo followed by Gord Humphrey on racers edge rx1.

Gord Humphry, Niel Mclaren and I believe one other made it over Swenson street. I got off my line right at the bottom trying avoid rutts and somehow turned the sled around at the top, had the whole sled up the rocks on the side to make it. The crowd liked that one!!

From there we decided to try the Airport for better visability, but no success... Gibbs, steve-o, and I climbed the large chute up the middle but barely even found our way back through the fog up top. Luckely for the spectators Humphrey and Micku kept climbing the Short pulls to the left for some awsome action! I believe Humphrey climbed every chute in the airport but did not make the one the to the far right.

Sunday we woke up to sunshine and headed straight for the monster bowl! There was 2 feet of fresh over night and made for the deepest conditions that monster has ever seen action. Neil Mclaren took first line up monster and made it look easy, I followed up and over behind him. A few crashes and some real good attempts but all that made it was Niel, Micku, Stanger and I.
Good job to stanger for putting a two smoker over monster! I was the only one to try the gash but Turned out Twice 100 feet from the top, just wasnt confident I had the speed to make the very steep last 100 feet!

Im sory if the camara guy is a little biased on who he takes pics of but it my dad snapping pics...haha!

Laird MacDougall

Drag Races!

DSC02374.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02372.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02368.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC02367.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Hey Laird...thanks for the pix for those of us who couldn't be there (thx again for the room offer!!).

Nice job on the pulls...looks like you guys made the best of so-so conditions.

How was the snow compared to last year at Yamafest??

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
Awesome pic's and commentary, wish the weather would have been better, saturday and or we could have stayed for sunday. did NM and randy and his BBQ ever line up? with the visiblity it was hard to tell who was on the line. I also want to say thanks to Randy and Lori, Fugi, Dusty and anyone else from the club for taking control of the event. If it would have been up to "the o-zone guy" NOTHING would have even happend, it would have been even more of a F/show. hopefully we can see some of the climbs in boost 4

Last edited:
R

Red Dog

Aug 29, 2001
Great pics Laird,so sad we missed it:(.Agreed you were on your A Game and stabbed that turn out/ just so impressive.Cheers Red Dog.

Last edited:
L

LOYTOY

Nov 29, 2007
marsden, sk
Hey Laird I tried posting a video of your Swenson St. turn out but there is too many holy F*** holy F*** holy F***'s in it! Hahah Nice job bud! Pretty sure I woulda bailed before bouncing off the rock wall!!

P

powder puff

Nov 26, 2007
Revy
Before you beak off to much more Fab you should know there were club volunteers on the hill all wknd. Who do you think were up there bringing back riders out of the fog all day, bringing out riders that were hurt and searching for people that were reported lost at night. They also helped us in the parking areas and at the gates.

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Laird, ..I just love that pic of the turn-out, ..it gives one an appreciation for the vertical steepness of these pulls, ..so often lost in photos. Look down on the sleds below........

Your stance on the sled is great, ..shifted to the high side, hanging off that vertical rock face....

Neil and I were at the top, ..I was busy shooting the pics, ..Neil was giving me the "play by play" as I couldn't really see the BIG picture, you seemed so close we could have almost reached out and grabbed you as you passed by, ...you were still flying, just not in the groove to come through the top....... as you slipped away from the rock face, it wasn't clear if you were still on top, ....too much snow in the air...., then you appeared out of the snow N fog, riding her down..... WICKED!!!!

I don't know how you turn that 174" around in those chutes, but I've seen you do it a couple of times this winter, ..."styling"

CR

Premium Features