• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mt Adams for Monday

T

trevorg

Jan 6, 2009
Enumclaw
Never been there before and have always wanted to make the trip down there. What elevation can you get to?

S
Mar 12, 2008
Hermiston OR
Tuesday

Tuesday never been. Looks like getting some snow. Was curious if trails get tore up like locally after the 1st of April when open to wheeled vehicles.

Last edited:

Dragonflya

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2018
Pacific Northwest/Tigard OR
I rode Adams yesterday out of Snow King, lots of bare patches and gravel roads exposed out of the snow park, 1/4 mile sections at a time. Once up top decent heavy wet powder and coverage. Great terrain, I got worked and soon found my limits only to be introduced to bigger challenges as we climbed and traversed. Rode with a great crew and my skill set grew. Long ride 10am-6:30pm.
Looks like some more snow coming through Wednesday...

K
Dec 9, 2015
Mill City, OR
I rode Adams yesterday out of Snow King, lots of bare patches and gravel roads exposed out of the snow park, 1/4 mile sections at a time. Once up top decent heavy wet powder and coverage. Great terrain, I got worked and soon found my limits only to be introduced to bigger challenges as we climbed and traversed. Rode with a great crew and my skill set grew. Long ride 10am-6:30pm.
Looks like some more snow coming through Wednesday...

Sounds like a challenging day. A couple of us were hoping to ride up that way with snow bikes on Thursday or Friday of this week after the storm comes in.

We just aren't familiar with the riding areas up there. We want to avoid being in areas where we legally shouldn't be, while at the same time avoiding as much trail as possible.

Thanks for the field report.

mc2stroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
MT Adams.

Can you still ride Adams? where are peeps putting in at?

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Can you still ride Adams? where are peeps putting in at?
USFS assures me that Adams is still accessible via south climb. Snow level is at 4500 feet and the end of the road is at 5500 feet. So there is a few more weeks left.

Premium Features