• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track decisions

V
Nov 26, 2007
bozeman, mt
Just bought a 14xm with an aerocharger. Currently set up with a 154 2.5. I going to keep 154 length, but it needs a new track. I will be about half trees, half climbing. I have a mostly stock 16xm T3 163 that I out climbed a very similar setup sled last year in Cooke. I don't think the turbo sled I waxed was running right. First dumb question. A 154 turbo 2.5 should waste a 163 T3, right?
What is the best track for the new (to me) turbo sled? I'm thinking 16" wide camo x3 3" lugs, 3.0 pitch. I mostly ride Cooke, and greater Bozeman area. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Comparing 2 sleds with 2 different riders is like comparing apples and oranges... My personal opinion from having an NA sled and a Turbo sled, the best upgrade you can do to any sled is going from a 2.5" to a 3". Better than adding a Turbo because I've never seen a 100% flawless turbo :face-icon-small-hap

V
Nov 26, 2007
bozeman, mt
I rode both sleds, beat the turbo with the T3. I still don't think it was running right. Thanks for the reply though, I think it will be fun with the 3".

Last edited:
X
Oct 8, 2009
Put the new doo track on it with the 3.5 pitch and avid drivers. An x3 has a 15 wide lug pattern in a 16 wide belt...lame. The whole reason to have a 16 wide tunnel is to run a 16 wide lug pattern. And, the new doo paddle is slightly taller than 3 inches when measured.

Finally, there is not any NA sled of similar displacement that will run with a turbo sled that runs right.

Last edited:
Premium Features