• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ceramic coated pipe, SSI Y-pipe, Diamond S can

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Im really digging this combo so far. can seems to fit a little off for my belly pan (MC) and squeak tiny bit at idle (ill figure this out) but she pulls and pulls (and pulls:eyebrows:) without a hiccup. Grunty midrange. no plastic burning around the pipe anywhere that ive seen at all so far. Win-win!

edit: after a few more pulls and back in the shop I found a spot where the intake plenum was getting melted. small section right where the pipe finishes its first U shape and starts getting bigger. so I heated the plastic and molded back to shape and covered with heat tape like I guess all you aftermarket piped guys must have to do.
Also found the source of the squeaky can- it was rubbing on an old rivet that came with my SSI can for the ex. outlet. drilled and replaced with stock size rivet and viola! back to rippin...

Last edited:

High Life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW Montana
Im really digging this combo so far. can seems to fit a little off for my belly pan (MC) and squeak tiny bit at idle (ill figure this out) but she pulls and pulls (and pulls:eyebrows:) without a hiccup. Grunty midrange. no plastic burning around the pipe anywhere that ive seen at all so far. Win-win!

Is this the stock pipe or an aftermarket pipe? Stock fuel map?

I've heard that a timing key with the aftermarket Y really helps...

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
stock pipe and tune, im under warranty still. just wanted to get rid of the messy pipe insulation, drop another pound or two with the clamshell and vibrating spring clamps..

Last edited:
Premium Features