• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avid/Polaris drivers

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
If anyone can confirm 3" pitch track on 8 tooth 2.86" pitch Avid drivers will work let me know.
I know a 3" pitch will work on the stock 8t 2.86" pitch polaris drivers but the avid driver is a completely different animal and I dont wanna be the guinea pig.

I can check when I get home, but I don’t think that will work.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
As a track stretch’s it will move the following driver lug further away from a track lug. With that said a driver that contacts track lugs would be crucial. Engineer designs don’t always work in the real world, as we have witnessed again of late.

Let’s ask Indy Dan about his drivers. They are fast.

Indy dans drivers are indeed fast.
(I had a set on my 2011 pro)

They fit well at rest. (No tension)

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
The polaris 3” pitch drivers look like they have an excessive amount of room for track stretch. TRS I’m curious what track and approx miles you used in the pics. Thanks for the info.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
The polaris 3” pitch drivers look like they have an excessive amount of room for track stretch. TRS I’m curious what track and approx miles you used in the pics. Thanks for the info.

PC with a couple hundred miles on it.
I measured the distance between drive lugs on the PC and a PII 3” with 2200 miles and there wasn’t a significant difference.
The PII was installed, the PC was a take off.
The PII drivers would need track shrinkage.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Cool. And when you say they were fast, can you quantify that?

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

Smoother running track,
Less variation in track speed under load. (No other changes)

Call it a butt dyno experience (since I didn’t do any drag racing or speed runs)

The downside?

Smacked a rock and bent my steel splined shaft. (1/8” bow in the center)
The only bent splined shaft i’ve eVer heard of.

(Spun it on the lathe and trued up the drivers to match the bend and it’s still running true)

R

roni87

Feb 11, 2011
I Falls, MN
I tried a 2.6 pc 153" on pro 8tooth 2.86 drivers and went about 50 miles before it was ratcheting all the time. Had track super tight too. Couldnt make it stop.

Now running 7tooth axys 3.0 pc with no issues on same sled. I dont run extroverts or the center driver.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Smoother running track,

Less variation in track speed under load. (No other changes)

Call it a butt dyno experience (since I didn’t do any drag racing or speed runs)

The downside?

Smacked a rock and bent my steel splined shaft. (1/8” bow in the center)

The only bent splined shaft i’ve eVer heard of.

(Spun it on the lathe and trued up the drivers to match the bend and it’s still running true)
That's kinda hacky no?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
I tried a 2.6 pc 153" on pro 8tooth 2.86 drivers and went about 50 miles before it was ratcheting all the time. Had track super tight too. Couldnt make it stop.

Now running 7tooth axys 3.0 pc with no issues on same sled. I dont run extroverts or the center driver.

Just when i think i have it figured out and it should work okay you post this?

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
drivers

Same issue

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Are people saying the avid 2.86 extroverts are better for the 3.0 pitch powerclaw.

I don't think so. If you have Avids, use the correct pitch driver for the track you have. Supposedly, if you have the Poo 7T 2.86 drivers, they will work on a 3" pitch track... Personally, I always ditch the Poo drivers and install Avid drivers for the track I'm using.

alexkravets

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Portland
Gregg called and asked if I would compare the 3.0 pitch drivers. Robbies drivers get the job done.
Polaris’s 3.0 pitch driver drives on one lug, Polaris’s 2.86” pitch does a better job on a 3.0” pitch track.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You have to Understand that this track stretches a little bit.So that fit will change

Premium Features