• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

has any one used TPI 911 Response Clutch Cover

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We use them all the time. They are awesome. Adjustable belt to sheave clearance. More bearing surface area. Smoother action.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I have a carbon fibre cover on my pro rmk, if I was to do it again I would probably put one of these covers instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I believe,Indy specialties makes one like this too but without the adjustability.

Last edited:
S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
<li class="breadcrumbs-item" data-hook="breadcrumbs-item" ng-repeat="item in $ctrl.items track by $index"> Home <!----><li class="breadcrumbs-item" data-hook="breadcrumbs-item" ng-repeat="item in $ctrl.items track by $index"> TRU-SHIFT PRIMARY COVER <!----> <!----> <!----> <!----> <!----> <!---->
<main-media product="galleryVM.product" data-hook="main-media" image-ratio="galleryVM.getMainImageRatio()" zoom="galleryVM.zoom" selected-index="galleryVM.selectedIndex" swipe-to-scroll="galleryVM.swipeToScroll" image-mode="galleryVM.settings.gallery.imageMode" navigation-type="galleryVM.getNavigationType()" is-selected-video-played="galleryVM.isSelectedVideoPlayed" image-loaded="galleryVM.heroImageLoaded()"><!----><slick class="main-media-carousel image-mode-crop slick-initialized slick-slider" style="display: block;" data-hook="product-page-media-item" ng-if="mainMediaVM.product.media.length" ng-class="[mainMediaVM.getImageModeClass()]" slick-tabindex=".none" slides-to-show="1" slides-to-scroll="1" infinite="false" speed="400" accessibility="false" settings="mainMediaVM.slickOptions"> <!----> <!---->

<!----> <!---->
<!---->//snowest.com/forum/<!----> <!---->
<!---->

<!----> <!---->

<!----><!----><!----> </slick><!----> <!----> <!----><!---->
</main-media> <!----> <!----> <slick class="thumbnails-carousel slick-carousel slick-initialized slick-slider" style="width: 180px; display: block;" data-hook="product-page-thumbnails" slick-tabindex=".thumbnails-trigger" slides-to-show="7" slides-to-scroll="1" infinite="false" speed="400" accessibility="false" settings="thumbnailsVM.slickOptions" ng-keydown="thumbnailsVM.keydown($event)" swipe="false" swipe-to-slide="false" focus-on-select="true" arrows="false"><!----> <button tabindex="0" class="thumbnails-trigger" data-hook="product-page-thumbnails-trigger" ng-click="thumbnailsVM.setSelected($index)"><!---->
a9a8d9_e75cfb12ed4143bda5b25ee98f5d541d~mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2.jpg
</button>
<button tabindex="0" class="thumbnails-trigger" data-hook="product-page-thumbnails-trigger" ng-click="thumbnailsVM.setSelected($index)"><!---->
a9a8d9_9f6d82f586b14117b33c0d355d986822~mv2.jpg
</button>
<button tabindex="0" class="thumbnails-trigger" data-hook="product-page-thumbnails-trigger" ng-click="thumbnailsVM.setSelected($index)"><!---->
a9a8d9_bd5e5cfb663b4f3495c27f3e597793f4~mv2.jpg
</button>

<!----><!----><!----> </slick><!---->
<!---->

<!----><section class="description" data-hook="product-page-description" ng-if="descriptionVM.description">
AVAILABLE IN BARE BILLET ALUMINUM OR BLACK ANODIZED
***ANY CUSTOM LETTERING IS FREE UNTIL INVENTORY RUNS OUT***

The indy specialty TRU-SHIFT billet primary cover was born out of the need for something stronger and more reliable. Crafted for high horse power sleds but a great addition to any polaris primary clutch.
The full circle cover adds strength to keep the clutch towers from flexing, the window design improves air flow for decreased clutch temeratures and the longer bushing improves shifting and lasts longer than a stock bushing. Our cover bushing is also very easy to change compared to the stock bushing that needs to be pressed out. By removing the six bolts anyone is able to change the bushing on our cover with nothing more than an allen wrench!!

indys cap! didn't know he made one but hear it is! looks lighter and the bushing is bigger than stock but still made of the traditional materiel I think? looks pretty sexy thou!
just looked at the bushing in the lower pict and it looks bronze the upper looks traditional...hmmm wonder what that's about?
<!---->
</section><!---->

Last edited:
S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
lol it looked BA until I seen that price...650$ woow! im boosted so not looking for more hp/acceleration just durability and reliability out my clutches...911 cover 250$...indys 225$ and I think he it custom engraving them for you. like the cover but I would drop 1300-1500$ on a whole aftermarket clutch before 650$on a cover... is that the one you are running biltit?

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
Very true. Yes I run this on my pro rmk. Along with the cover, titanium clutch bolt, cover bolts and weight pins, also Patrick's custom balancing and my primary is 1.25 or 1.75 lbs lighter. Cannot recall which amount of loss.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
External Adjustment; a cure for a non-existent problem with proper clutching

The issue with externally adjusting belt to sheeve clearance is; it messes with all the other variables in the clutch.

Utilizing an external adjustment will change the Spring Force as well as where the weight contacts the roller. So while you may get the belt to sheeve correct, IMO it changes everything else in a counterproductive way. If you're not picky about your clutching / performance then it may be a good fit for you. It will cause most to chase their tail and is not worth the hassle. If you got a machine that eats belts bad enough to really use the external adjustment you got far bigger issues to rein in and get under control than "Deflection".

In my opinion the best Value is the; ZRP cover
Ibexx also makes one that is similar and slightly lighter but the quality of the machining is a little rough IMO and probably is 6061-T6 which is a fair margin weaker (than the 7075-T6 of the ZRP cover) and due to the Ibexx tri-lobe design will flex far more than it should, which will result in binding and premature wear.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I understand what you are saying about how it can effect things but I don't think the few MM that we might need to adjust on sheave clearance will have much if any adverse effect. we all set belt deflection constantly or at least those of us who are picky about our clutching but just deal with the sheave clearance getting worse and worse until we blow the belt or just toss it. most of us set the sheave to our kits or factory specks to start because it can make a big difference. the sheave clearance is just the other half of belt deflection IMO. and would be nice to adjust it with the deflection. I can understand how if it was off from the start and we just used the adjuster to make it right it might move everything enough to start having adverse effects but it should be set correct from the start and work a few MM in from their to avoid it getting wonky... again just my thoughts but every one I have talked to said they love them and just keep taking them off their last sled and putting them on the new one but then again I only talked to 2 people that have used them but nether has mentioned this problem?

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I have been using the same 911 clutch cover that I bought from Duane back in 1999 on every one of my sleds since then. My last 7 sleds have been Silber Turbo rmk’s. The cover has been on 11 sleds and has to have at least 20,000 miles on it. The bushing is still in excellent shape. This season I added the adjustment ring to it in order to adjust the belt to sheave clearance without reshimming the spider. This makes it crazy easy to fine tune the clearance for butter smooth engagement. I found that I needed to blue loctite the adjustment ring. With the exception of cleaning my clutch after every trip the only other maintenance I’ve had to keep up with is changing weight bushings every 600 or so miles. The larger oilite cover bearing gives the clutch so much more stability and is near impossible to damage when assembling the clutch. I personally think it’s a great product and will easily buy another one if it ever fails.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
have you found any adverse effects from adjusting the sheave? i just got the cover in and planning on watching to see if it had any. like loudhandle had stated it can only do just that the question is to what degree??
and no killer time it won't hit but it is closer and i don't know if it will when i am stuffing that side in the snow....only time will tell or maybe mt.sledder can tell us. the cap sticks out about 3/8-1/4 in more than stock so not a lot.

Last edited:

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
The adjustment only moved the sheave in about 20 thou. I never noticed anything adverse. I’m running Indy Dans Turbo clutch kit and by adjusting the sheave it really smooths out engagement.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I still had fairly high clutch temps and did blow a broken in belt in 200 Miles this week in Revy but pounded insane powder for 7 days with a Turbo. Hard to imagine clutches not getting hot under those conditions. Could touch the primary but no chance of holding your hand on it.

Premium Features