• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'08 700 Flooding after trailering??

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
it has happened at least 3 times over the last couple of years. My dad has an 08 700 dragon, 2500ish miles, runs very good. however, it seems like sometimes when we trailer the sled, if I remember correctly it is always on the way home, that when we get home to get the sled off the trailer, it will not start. pull plugs, dripping wet, put in new set and takes right off. any idea why it loads up and fouls the plugs like that on the trailer?

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
it has happened at least 3 times over the last couple of years. My dad has an 08 700 dragon, 2500ish miles, runs very good. however, it seems like sometimes when we trailer the sled, if I remember correctly it is always on the way home, that when we get home to get the sled off the trailer, it will not start. pull plugs, dripping wet, put in new set and takes right off. any idea why it loads up and fouls the plugs like that on the trailer?

I doubt it's flooding from fuel leaking past the injectors, but possible

When you're trying to start it, are you leaving the throttle alone??

BEFORE you try to start it next time, try removing the spark plugs and checking inside cylinder with a light, see if it looks wet

Compression check next, would like to see 125 psi +/- (varies with gauge and altitude)

Plug wires and boots good??

Hope this helps diagnose your problem

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
I don't think it is leaking fuel past the injectors either. it seems like when you pull the rope it just dumps a bunch of fuel in. could smell fuel like it was flooded. tried holding the throttle after many pulls and got a huge backfire.
plug wires look good, haven't checked compression. just seems funny that it happens so sporadically. and always seems like it happens after trailering. apparently it just doesn't want to come home

Premium Features