• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MCX datalogger questions.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Have had the datalogger for a few years and initially did a bunch of testing and logging with it only to find the mcx is dialed in pretty close. Decided to keep it case ever had a problem to help diagnosis.

As luck would have it now I am having trouble getting the mcx display to connect to laptop. I did it years ago with no trouble and I am using the same laptop

Megatune wont connect on any port.

Finally got downloader to connect on port 3 but after downloading file is always 0 mb. Even cleared logs and made a new file still download is 0mb and no data on file.

Odd the laptop has 2 usb ports and downloader thinks both are com 3.

com/ports do not show anything new on device manager when I plug datalogger in. Only under USB pops up USB serial device but when look at properties there is no info about what com port its on.

Any data logger experts around?

Sent T-bird a pile of PMs hopefully he chimes in when he wakes up.

Tues.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Hooked up to my new laptop today and I can see the com port and megatune will connect with it.

The log downloader program however is not opening I think because laptop is running win 7.

Anyone have a link or log downloader programmer for window 7?

I did some hunting but cant find any version on the net.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Thumbs up to T-Bird, he got my old laptop back up and running. Apparently some problem with java version.

No idea why there was a problem since nothing had changed on display or laptop since I last used it.

The laptop is very old and I only use to pull data off truck and sled.

Anyway back up and datalogging so hopefully this will help solve my issues.

Later

Premium Features