• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI FOR HIGHER MILED BOOSTED PRO's

G

ghost rider

Dec 1, 2007
For all of us fortunate enough to own the Best Boosted Sled to date. Due to a couple of marginal snow fall seasons some of us didn't reach our 1000 mile goal.
The reason I am writing this is to tell you our experience with our Boosted Pro's. My brother and I ride two 11' boosted pros, they are tuned and clutched to perfection. Both sleds are maticulusly maintained before and after each ride.
They are given the once over such as checking compression in the shop which I'm sure many of you do as well. At the end of last season my sled was running strong with 2300 miles on it and compression was 125 mag 125 pto side.

Fast forward to the last ride my sled locked up at 2420 miles. After breaking the motor down it was my rod bearing on the crank that gave. My Brothers Pro made it to 2346 miles before his motor gave. And after breaking his motor down he found that the rod bearing was the cause as well. Just wanted to share our experience's with you so that you can make the call to (Rebuild) or just (Ride)

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Not sure if my rod bearing was the initial problem but it definitely was totally failed by the time I limped it back to the truck with my boosted 400 cc on four lbs! Haha
Here is the pic 1200 psi took when installing the long rod
attachment_zps1d12c97f.jpg

Can see how the bearing ate the shaft away

E

everytime5.9

Jan 23, 2009
IDAHO
Does anyone know how common this is and what its caused from?

A boosted engine doesn't know its boosted. Anytime your on boost your using more fuel, but your still using the same amount of oil that a stocker uses...

Were these sleds running any premix? What kits?

Twisted runs his oiling setup different for this exact reason...

Premium Features