• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New forum

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
We need to find another forum to discuss our hawks. I don't want to pay for this site. Anyone else feel the same as me? I found thumpertalk. Is this where we should go?

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
there is alot of talk at hawkfest about our future hangout...TT seems like a cool spot,they only have 1 tire on the front... i dont want to pay to put a smiley face on post!

B

BlazinBya

Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River Wi
I payed here because the threads that are more than 2pages long were no longer available to read without going premium.....and I'd pay elsewhere if thats what it takes to keep a knowledgeable group of guys posting....I waste 15 bucks daily on BS im sure- so coughing up a measly 15bucks surely shouldnt break the bank.....IDEALY...we need a stand-alone hawk forum,without the gobs of BS ads and bogus posters cluttering it up and *****ing about the monoski's.....SO-whos gonna step up and create our own forum?I'd help pay to keep it going...

Nov 2, 2009
SLC, UT
It's great they are offering all the stuff on this forum but I don't need all that. Just a place to talk to fellow hawkers. Just let me know the place and I will be happy to post there too.

D
Feb 9, 2009
prince george B.C.
I would happily pay for a hawk forum for riders ,not to interested in paying for a site for computer nerds that replaces information with circle jerks aimed at boosting the "cool" guys "rep"..........we need a site for riders not computer geeks.....ohhh and so far I am the only guy posting in the hawk forum on snowandmud.............................I figured I would pay here and still might but everytime I visit I am turned off by the lack of info and the fact honest words have been replaced with "strokehimoff" sessions ,but hey to each his own....at least its a "friendlier" place now..

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
We need to start a e-mail list so that we can contact each other. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will put it together, And I promise that the list will be kept confidential. And as you see I have stepped down from the mod duties and have no afiliation with SW other than being a paid member.

Last edited:

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
I will go where the information is! As long as the BS stays away. I to have no problem paying if need be. 15 bucks is peanuts compared to what we spend on other nonsense items! I will be there whether it is SW or a forum of our own! TT is a great site and consumes me in the summertime. Lots of good info for us dirt lovers!

I
Jan 4, 2008
Palmer AK.
I sent a PM to akbillybow and snowset changed what i said. I think that was enough for me. Snowwest has been good but......................... If others jump ship please get on a email list and remember we are the knowledge. good riding guys.

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
i am signed up on thumpertalk. they have a forum for specialty sleds/snow hawks and dirtbike kits. maybe we could try that and see how it goes.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Thumper talk is lame at best.. its a completely for profit site.
check out the rebels in the back country.. there is a Hawk forum there..

A
Dec 24, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
That is pretty sad of Snowest. They are so concerned with people leaving and going to other sites, that they change the name of the others sites in your post to "Snowest". If they want people to stick around and not go to other sites, then they shouldn't charge to be here. I have never seen a forum that could not survive on the payments from their advertisers. Very sad SN !!

T
Dec 26, 2007
Minnesota
It's all

going to be the same B.S. where ever we go. I have snooped around at other site's and seen a few Hawker's that have already joined TT and R Backcountry. And it seem's to me that all these "cool Green Rep dudes" are on these other site's as well. So if you think that changing site's will rid of the "Green Rep Rebels" We might be wrong. JMO....

mnsnowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2007
Dayton, Minnesota
Things seem to be ok as a free member. We should stay here until we start to run into too many problems. The only time I have had problems is when a thread gets too long with multiple pages. We might just have to keep the threads short.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
since they changed the viewable posts from the original 20, to the now 75 maybe it won't be so bad. Still working on a e-mail list. keep-em coming.

Premium Features