• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

my beef with snowmobile tv shows.

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
well after many years of attempting to watch snowmobiler television and snowtax tv shows i just cant do it anymore. im a pure western rider as pretty much everyone on this site is and mountain riding is the main idea for me and many others. i realize some of these shows have a small mountain segment (blah) sometimes they even play a little clip from an old balls snowmobile movie!!! wooopieee. i dont care about your handguard and mirror install, hand signals, snowcross racing, belt install tips. and the new 121 RIPSAW TRACK!!

we NEED a pure outwest snowmobile show. snowest are you listening you have the magazine!!?! i want to see the latest iron. the latest builds from the shops and some new destinations and latest and greatest products with some guys that actually know what they are talking about. sorry but watching them test the polaris rush for an hour is boring beyond beleif. the mountain riding community is insanely interesting and we have alot more innovations and modifications than a 12hp nitro exhaust and heated visor sheilds!!!

sorry if i offended anyone. to each his own. if trail riding is your thing.cool.. i just feel there is a market for a show that actually reflects the western mountain riders. i want to wake up on a saturday morning and watch a show that is actually interesting...( when im not riding )

would be a good chance for some manufactuerers to get out there aswell. or create alot of problems aswell im sure. lol. im sure a public veiwed highmarking contest would not be a good thing for some manufacturers. my thought is that it is not possible without the sponsorship of the major manufactueres. and since most of us mountain riders scrap the stock junk they may not be up for that.

Last edited:
S
Something like those free-ride ski/mountain bike shows would be pretty sweet. Don't need the "in depth" reviews of the hardware, got too many magazines doing that as it is.

I know getting air time on a network would definitely be the hard part (niche market and all that) but I think something done on a regular basis as a youtube channel would be all sorts of win.

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
yeah you catch my drift. they have those ski and bike shows that just travel around and go to differant shops and differant locations and ride with all differant types of people. try out some new stuff. very cool. like to see something like that.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
They are kinda lame aren't they? Like watching a chessy safety film where they zoom in real tight on a Tonka truck and push it down a sand pile and watch it crash and say "This is what could happen if you don't pay attention while operating heavy machinery."

Headrush

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
I agree, I watched Snowtrax tv last night and it was brutal, I mean, riding in Quebec for 4 days on what appeared to be a freeway...fun.

VTMTcowboy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
I agree, too much racing also. I guess they think there is more of a market for both trail riding and racing products. Snowtrax is painful to watch, hahaha. Best way to avoid it is to pop in the DVD and watch some free-riding.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I know getting air time on a network would definitely be the hard part (niche market and all that) but I think something done on a regular basis as a youtube channel would be all sorts of win.

Dang, that is what I was thinking... Yah, using the net would be the best bet.

S
Aug 31, 2008
I agree but the Ontario snowmobile club scene generates a billion a year in revenue so no wonder they cater to that scene. I remember a time when all there was for motorcycle shows was harleys and cruisers then along came superbikes, which was cool for a while but its all damn stunting yippee(oh look another wheelie and stoppie) but at least it was a change. Maybe the same can happen with sledding.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Its all about market share...moutain riders just make up a smaller percentage then racers and trail riders. I'm just glad they make sleds for us!

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Its all about market share...moutain riders just make up a smaller percentage then racers and trail riders. I'm just glad they make sleds for us!
agreed, too small for the big production stuff, but we are definitely large enough for some sort of web based program.

Man, we could just set something up where people put in their video / comments / stories together kind of like different episodes or something...

Mind is thinking..... ouch that hurt.. ha ha

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I know that Erik Woog out of Kremmling helps produce or film for a show called SledTV.org

Here is the link: SledTV.org

Definitely geared towards mountain more than trail. There is some snowcross and freestyle.

C
Jan 8, 2005
Calgary
Maxwellzx, I agree with you 100%. I however watch the shows after I record them and play them in fast forward so I don't waste as much of my time. I stop on the rare occaision to watch something of intrest and then fast forward again.

The show cater to Ontario type riders with very little for western or mountain riders. I think Snowmobiler TV had Dan Davidoff do a small segment last year, would have been nice to see that develop into more. I'd love a show and magazine that caters to mountain riding. I just don't know if the market share is enough for one to develop as we are but one segment in a manufacteror's brochure right?>>Deep snow vs muscle, trail, family, etc.

V
Nov 27, 2008
North Bend, WA
agreed, too small for the big production stuff, but we are definitely large enough for some sort of web based program.

Man, we could just set something up where people put in their video / comments / stories together kind of like different episodes or something...

Mind is thinking..... ouch that hurt.. ha ha

Yeah, web based for sure. And what if there was a forum, or even multiple forums where people could quickly post their own pictures, videos, and comments. Wait a second.......

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I only watch Sledhead24-7 for Meisha Johnson...other than that...they can have that one too.

M

mxracer328

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 6, 2009
Prince George
i watched it the other day, and they were testing the new 2009 m8 (old episode) and the guys doing the review and didnt know how to ride the sled to 1/4 of its potential. and it only looked like they were in 3' of snow. if your gonna review a sled give it to someone who will abuse it and see how it holds up for them, and get their likes / dislikes on said machine

Premium Features