• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power Jets

C
Nov 26, 2007
Who uses them and which brand. Are they a must for a fine tuner? Anyone with much experience with them?
Thanks inadvance:beer;

H

highmarkedu

Nov 27, 2007
MT
Sorry to kinda highjack your thread but i was wondering about them as well so someone please pipe in as it might cure my finicky 800 just dont know much about them THANKS

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
Work great. 1200PSI, backcountry, and a ton of other forum users have a ton of experience with them, they also sell them. Also called Clippard power jets.

Really easy to set up and use. Jack Harris also sells them. So does Thunder Products. All use the same style Clippard Air Jet style body. You drill a hole in the bell housing and thread it. Cut the dump tube to length where you want fuel delivery to start. Tap the float bowl, then screw the power jet in and connect the transfer line. Get a set of the one way valves from Thunder if you do it as well. Set baseline jetting and then open/close valve as needed.

Typically 1/4 turn = one main jet size
Just my $0.02.

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
Like /\ said. Clippard makes the valve body. sold and used them for years. Fastrax has all my stock.
Brad (1200psi) sells them as well.
Highly recommend them if you run a carb and you understand fueling. Way easier than changing jets.

Start out with about 3-4 sizes SMALLER than normal main jets. simple set up, after you have them installed, open them up (full fuel) and run is slowly up to WOT. You will notice when they kick in cuz it will fall on it's face and blubber. 1/4 turn at a time, turn them down until it is clean. At this point you are still on the fat side and way safe. If you do this down low, as you gain altitude it will start to blubber at that same throttle opening point. Adjust accordingly. Once you are at your play area, just do some plug and piston was checks to get her perfect. Unless you are like me, once she runs good and motor is happy with a little extra fuel, no worries on long pulls. Make good notes for each area you go.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
good info in here....was wondering the same as well...I've had a set of thunder power jets but have been a little gun shy about putting them in...was gonna wait till i put my twins on. sounds like i'll be installing them next time im up at the shop.

H

highmarkedu

Nov 27, 2007
MT
Power jets

Thanks for the info as im new to power jets, another question can someone give me a price on them shipped to 59804 and to those selling do you guys have install tips/pics/directions so i do it right as i have never attempted this or seen them on a sled and id assume when purchased it will have everything to do the install THANKS

Last edited:
Premium Features