• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Patriot Owners- Poll Failure or Not

Has Your 850 Failed. Vote multiple times if you have multiple 850s

• No

Votes: 341 81.2%
  • Yes, Top End

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • Yes, Bottom End

Votes: 61 14.5%

• Total voters

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
Rode the past 6 days with 4 850s, 3 Polaris pro RMK’s the other was a doo 850. The Polaris 850s absolutely rip! I personally think it’s closer to an 800 with 7lbs on a silber than it is to the stock 800. We did a lot of sled switching this week so I got to compare stock 800, stage 2 800, stock 850 with a can, and a 800 silber with 7lbs. I also have a video of all racing up an incline. Silber with 7lbs just barely edged out the Polaris 850 and it took 300 yards to do it.

Oh yeah all the 850s were flawless except the doo 850 that blew up!!

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Our two 850's are running strong.
The two dealers I am friends with sold 59 850's between the two of them and one bottom end to date, 58 going strong. I personally know both and trust the info.

Dazzler

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2009
Cochrane Ab
Our two 850's are running strong.
The two dealers I am friends with sold 59 850's between the two of them and one bottom end to date, 58 going strong. I personally know both and trust the info.

These polls are easily misrepresented.. you will have people that don't have a dog in the fight but know someone that did or did not have an issue as well those that just hate..

I posted this last week in different thread, as well I updated my info this morning with my dealer.
They have 30, 850's on the snow with 0 crank or top end issues to date. My 850 is running awesome so far, original plugs, running crisp and pulls so much harder than my stock 2018 800 did, both sleds were snowcheck 163x2.6 belt drive.. frickin love my founders edition 850!!

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
There's far more guys posting failures on social media then there is on this forum!
I also know of more local failures than are posted in the 850 down thread.
I also have a neighbour that didn't get his 850 RMK snow check till this month (January). It would be interesting to know if the motor in his sled was assembled differently or the same as the earlier builds.
If it goes down I'll be one of the first one to know about it.
For his sake I hope it was late for a good reason.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
There's far more guys posting failures on social media then there is on this forum!
I also have a neighbour that didn't get his 850 RMK snow check till this month (January). It would be interesting to know if the motor in his sled was assembled differently or the same as the earlier builds.

Im interested in finding this out also. My delivery date kept getting pushed back and it ended up changing around 8 times. Was supposed to get it near the beginning of November but the truck didnt show up here until Christmas Day. I am wondering if they kept some of these sleds back to do some engine changes to them.

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
Im interested in finding this out also. My delivery date kept getting pushed back and it ended up changing around 8 times. Was supposed to get it near the beginning of November but the truck didnt show up here until Christmas Day. I am wondering if they kept some of these sleds back to do some engine changes to them.
Mine was about the same timeline. Showed up I think the 20th of December, over a month after it was originally supposed to be in. Motor build date of 29/11. Sled build date of 30/11. Me thinks there were some changes mid-production.

To add mine runs real crisp. First 2 hours were as expected but after that no bogs, fouled plugs or no start issues. Knock on wood

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

N
Apr 9, 2010
Soldotna, AK

Super scientific. Just like this poll.

Ephratafarmer

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Ephrata, Wa
Just over 400 miles, runs stronger as she goes. Started with 68.8 grams then went 70.6 grams now headed out with 74.4. All riding has been done between 5,000 and 7,500 ft . The clutching is stock except for heavier weights. Been in some very good powder snow several times. Just need to get the RPMS down 8350 just to many revs. No hiccups at all so far, very pleased.

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
Just over 400 miles, runs stronger as she goes. Started with 68.8 grams then went 70.6 grams now headed out with 74.4. All riding has been done between 5,000 and 7,500 ft . The clutching is stock except for heavier weights. Been in some very good powder snow several times. Just need to get the RPMS down 8350 just to many revs. No hiccups at all so far, very pleased.

Which weights are you running?

W
Dec 30, 2018
18 hours and 420 miles on my 850 Switchback Assualt so far I am loving this machine it rides and handles the trails just as good as my 15 axys Switchback 137, runs a lot cooler temps as long as there is some loose snow

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
My guess after looking at the results and talking to multiple dealers who sold over 120 850's between them, the low end bearing problem was an assembly error and confined to a % of sleds assembled incorrectly.
The dealers I know personally have 2 bottom end failures and no top end, all of these sleds have been on the snow. This is closer to a 2% failure vs the poll 10%
Failure. Probably a few hundred assembled wrong and they are all going down. Most of us probably have reliable sleds.....we hope:):)

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
I wish u could state miles as u vote. I have 350 on mine and 250 on the wife's both good yet. Wife's seems to run a little crisper than mine. Is there different ecu's? Like on the older CFI's yellow, red, and blue if I remember right?

Premium Features