• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hard engagement

Jan 22, 2011
utah
I own a 2015 M600 Arctic Cat Bone stock. And when I go to take off it hits HARD!! And then sometimes it’s smooth take off. It does it in the trailer, hilll, trail..etc I took it out today and most of all take off’s it did it. It pulls 8100-8150 on top end all day soon as I stop go tho take off a loud thunk hit and it jumps. Any help be great as where to start. How about Driven clutch could it be in driven clutch? Thank you everyone.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
time to pull apart the primary and replace spring and check rollers. when was the last time the belt deflection was checked?

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Hard engagements

I did check belt deflection here’s what I got. If I run the belt 1/8” above driven clutch the track spins 3mph if I lower belt 1/8” below driven clutch the track just barely walkes . According to the manual the track should just barely walk when on stand. Belt that’s on it is 0627-083

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Having the weight bolts too tight and squishing the 0-rings to the clutch can make it engage with a whack when the weights let loose, but it's usually less aggressive than what I think you're describing. I'm with Kiliki on pulling the primary apart just to give it a once over. Weight bolts should be just tight enough to take out the side-side play but let the weight swing smooth.

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Engagement

Yes going to pull off primary inspect 100% plus install new belt setup deflection and clean up primary. Then see what happens.

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Engaging

Took off primary clutch last night checked rollers buttons movable sheave everything appears to be excellent no cracks spring is not broke weights move nice and freely cleaned up sheaves put back on and installed new belt tightened up belt deflection it was quite loose with old belt. Give this a try.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I would have suggested the weights are too tight as well. Since they aren't, is your drive chain way too lose? Maybe a driveshaft or jackshaft bearing?

Premium Features