• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

camoplast peak 2.5

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
3 rides so far. Two were in pretty decent snow. It does seeem like it takes a break in. Now it rolls easy and all of the rubbing is pretty much gone. I need to tighten it up again. Slow speed traction is nice. Drive as slow as you want and you wont get stuck.

I think once the deep stuff shows up it will really shine. The more i ride it the more i like it.

It has alot more bite on the snow. Takes some getting used to if you on technical ascents going from loose to packed to dirt to loose snow. It doesn't seem to slip, i guess would be the right word.

For those that are on the fence about which to get, just get an extreme, they are already proven. I think the peak with eventually be considered a great track, but its still early. We really haven't had lots of snow to put it through the paces.

Last edited:
H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
The more i ride it the more i like it.

It has alot more bite on the snow. Takes some getting used to if you on technical ascents going from loose to packed to dirt to loose snow. It doesn't seem to slip, i guess would be the right word.

I agree with the above comments. I have two rides on my Peak on a '12 Pro 163. I've found it better in the deep pow vs the stock Poo track, but much better in more set up snow. That being said, you have to be prepared when climbing in powder then crossing old tracks, windblown areas, etc. It bites so hard, I thought my machine was coming over backwards any time I hit something set up while climbing in pow. I also got out of shape a few times on technical climbs through the trees when it would suddenly hook up hard. I found it holds a steep, slow sidehill much better than the 5.1 without washing out. Overall, as said above, the more I ride it, the more I like it. Just takes a little getting used to.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The 7 tooth avids are 13%+/- smaller than the 8 tooth avids.
7 tooth X 3 inch pitch=21 divided 3.14=6.687 inchs
8 tooth X 3 inch pitch=24 divided 3.14=7.643 inchs
When some peeps tell you there track speed with the 7's on and a 3inch they are alittle out.
Have checked mine and at 60 mph on speedo iam only going 47 on GPS.

just a little more about the driver size. Your theoretical math is correct however the actual size of Avid drivers are smaller. The 8 tooth actual dia. is 7.25.It throws the calculations off a bit, Wahl drivers are very close to your above calculation.For those going to a 7 tooth Avid and concerned that they are too small an option of the Wahl Bros will allow for a larger radius.

L

LRD

Mar 27, 2002
7 tooth are 3.0 pitch drivers is what I think he meant. There not much smaller the stock. I run them with my power claw.

Avid 7 tooth 3.0 pitch are 6.25" OD

Wahl 7 tooth 3.0 pitch are 6.5" OD

Doo and Wahl 8 tooth 2.86" pitch about 7.125" OD I think

I put on the Avid 7 tooth 3.0" last winter gave me a headache trying figure
my new gearing so I was about the same as with 2.86 because of the Avids smaller size.

Good Luck

K-DOG2

Whiskey Dreamer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 6, 2007
MN
Where does Camoplast measure there paddle from? I'm only getting 2.375 off my peak 2.5 going from tip to paddle side of belt. Or is it center of the belt to tip of paddle? Mine doesn't rub that bad so it makes me curious

Attachments

• DSC01968.JPG
    DSC01968.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 28
H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
Where does Camoplast measure there paddle from? I'm only getting 2.375 off my peak 2.5 going from tip to paddle side of belt. Or is it center of the belt to tip of paddle? Mine doesn't rub that bad so it makes me curious

I measured mine the same way and it was less than 1/32" under 2.5". My stock Poo 2.4" measured exactly 2.25".

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.

Both my camo extreme and my peak measure the same. 2.375

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
I agree with the above comments. I have two rides on my Peak on a '12 Pro 163. I've found it better in the deep pow vs the stock Poo track, but much better in more set up snow. That being said, you have to be prepared when climbing in powder then crossing old tracks, windblown areas, etc. It bites so hard, I thought my machine was coming over backwards any time I hit something set up while climbing in pow. I also got out of shape a few times on technical climbs through the trees when it would suddenly hook up hard. I found it holds a steep, slow sidehill much better than the 5.1 without washing out. Overall, as said above, the more I ride it, the more I like it. Just takes a little getting used to.

yeah i got bucked off a few times in the same situations. you pretty much have to be ready or i will leave you behind...lol. When it gets traction, it slips alot less than the old track.

N

newtrout

Oct 1, 2001
Central Washington
I'm anxious to get feedback on this track after a few hundred miles. Will it continue to hook up in firmer snow as the center lugs begin to lay over and take a set? I don't doubt that it will be a good powder track.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
My first ride on the peak today. Changed it from a camo extreme 2.5. Same width, length and lug height.
Hooks better on another track and my own. Sled lifts more than it did before, even to the point where you have to watch you don't get into trouble.(and I put the rear sissor relocate in) I easily built a trust that I could go anywhere I wanted to. I also found it smooth with no vibrations. I never compared it on any high speed climbs but definately better on the bottom half of the throttle. Comparing it to a new 1100 T Cat and a 800 Poo that I was riding with, it seemed better in the slow hard going tree running. They were spinnng way more to do the same.
If it keeps performing like this I will be selling the camo.
Only down side is that nobody wanted to ride behind me!:face-icon-small-win

skank

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
Mountain View, Wyoming 82939
It gets better with age too! I have 400 miles on mine and love it! Seems to get better traction in all types of snow conditions. Noticed the biggest difference in slow motion boondocking and sidehilling. I have two outer lugs damaged but I dont think that it was the tracks fault on that one. Very happy!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Talking with customers that have run the Peak all or most of the season, most ( almost all) prefer the Challenger.
We only ran it a short time and saw nothing great.

A
Oct 31, 2011
Coeur d Alene Idaho
This track is amazing

I feel like i have 10 extra hp in my 2008 skidoo xp summit. It floats extremly well while you are on the gas. Only down fall is when you let of it seems to sink a little. But as soon as you hit the gas it climbs right back on top. It want to walk over on top of you all of the time. Love the track. would never go back the other direction.

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
I bought one from RB at the beginning of the season and I love it! Night and day better than the stocker in every way. I've never tried the CE 2.5, so can't compare to that, but I've been totally satisfied with the performance so far.

D
Dec 27, 2007
Yakima WA.
ISLANDDOO....I know this post is old, but I’m installing the 154” Peak 2.5 on my 09 XP....which cooler and which 4 rivets did you drill out..... did doing the modification keep the track from rubbing? Please let me know, if you can remember.....it’s been a while �� 509-985-7155

Last edited:
D
Dec 27, 2007
Yakima WA.
Just installed Peak track and it definitely hits the 4 rivots right where the cooler meets the tunnel. Drilled out the rivots and installed 4- 3/16 pan head machine screws with nynuts seems to clear now, still tight though.
ISLANDDOO....I know this post is old, but I’m installing the 154” Peak 2.5 on my 09 XP....which cooler and which 4 rivets did you drill out..... did doing the modification keep the track from rubbing? Please let me know, if you can remember.....it’s been a while �� if you would rather call.....509-985-7155 Dave

Premium Features