• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'08 700 Dragon Bog

T

The Boondock Saint

Nov 18, 2008
Salt Lake City, Utah
My buddies sled has been having a bogging issue for the past year. He has taken it to dealer hoping to get the issue fixed to no avail. SO I was hoping someone here might have an idea what the issue could be.

It feels as if the sled is just running too rich.. It consumes almost double the oil that the other sleds are using. Could it be the oil pump? or electrical or mapping issues? Any ideas TIA

Dec 15, 2008
Mine was dumping oil in like crazy too and couldn't pull RPM's. Never had a bogging issue but it seemed to want to run hotter than normal when working it. Like 150's water temps. I figured it out to be around 30:1. The pump arm was hanging up so I bought a new oil pump and that one would hang up too brand new out of the box. I ended up just putting in the new pump and drilled a hole in the arm and added a light spring from the arm to the torque stop plate. Now it works perfect! I set it up with the marks where they're supposed to be and am getting 50:1 now.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
He says that the bog is only in the mid range and that he can work through it.. From like 5500 rpm to 6500.. I will find out exactly how much oil is being consumed per tank.

It's probably LEAN at that mid-range.

I installed a PC-3 on my D7, RICHENED it up in the 5000-6000 RP.M. range at part throttle and it solved it

www.dynotechresearch.com has the DRAGON 700 maps

(585) 993-2777 Dynotech Jim

All the info for getting your D7 along with oil pump pics is posted in my TECH TIPS for 600/700/800 CFI's pinned at the top of this section under "INCREASING YOUR IQ"

R
Jan 18, 2011
I'M HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AND TRIED TO ADJUST THE OIL PUMP, GOOD LUCK. I BELIEVE THAT IM AT 32:1 RIGHT NOW AND CANT PULL MORE THAN 7600 RPM. MY PUMP IS SET JUST LIKE THE PHOTO THAT IS POSTED ON THE STICKY, NOT SURE IF I SHOULD ADJUST MORE OR JUST DEAL WITH IT. THE ADJUSTER JAM NUT ON THE EXHAUST SIDE HAS LOCK TIGHT OR SUPER GLUED, I CANT GET IT TO MOVE AND THERE IS NO ROOM IN THERE. IVE SPENTSEVERAL HOURS TRYING TO ADJUST IT TO NO AVAIL, NOT VERY HAPPY IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FAIR.

Premium Features