• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 700 performance

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
i have a 07 D7 155 with 1450 miles on it i bought at end of last season. came with slp pipe and can and intake and recommended clutching for that kit. i put better boards on it, plan to build a front bumper, and i am going to get it geared and clutched from a local shop who has fine tuned these 700's with trial and error in the mountains i will be riding. i do mixed riding, some trail, like to rip up meadows of powder, climb hills, and am going to focus this year on dropping cornices and stuff. now for my questions:

what else can be done on these that will get me good performance for my dollar, and be reliable, and i would like to just start and run all day, not worry about fine tuning or adjusting anything. when the motor needs a rebuild(hopefully not till 5K miles plus) i may do a big bore kit. (if they are reliable and a good deal or not??:face-icon-small-dis) but what can i do now that is not to much $$, reliable, good bang for buck, and work with a big bore kit one day, or make me say i dont need the big bore kit. oh, i ride like 8-10k feet

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
The 07 came stock with a polaris 5.0 track that was pretty soft and in most peoples opinion lacking greatly in to the ground performance. I would either look into a Challenger Extreme track or the Arctic Cat Powder Claw. You could also do F Bombs mod where he trimmed the track a bit and sunk zinc screws into the paddle towers to stiffen them up a bunch. There should be a thread some where on here showing it.

After that your looking at big bore, juice, or boost. Good luck. EW

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
thanks.
is the big bore kit reliable? do you need to replace anything every off season or after so many miles? how many horse do they give? i have heard of the carls 840 and the slp 777

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
I got a bone stock 07D700 and do not feel that the track is too soft(could be my riding style and preference, but hey...) But one thing you should do is throw away the original WE front shocks, the suck! I got Ohlins P36 in front on mine, furthermore you should change the rear springs from the original to P#7041942-067+7041943-067, then you'll get rid of the sag that you'll get with the stock springs

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
thanks.
is the big bore kit reliable? do you need to replace anything every off season or after so many miles? how many horse do they give? i have heard of the carls 840 and the slp 777

I have the SLP 777. Its start and go. I bought the sled from SLP about 2yrs ago and no breakdowns. They say 160hp but you also want the sled to spin 8300rpm. Tryin to get to that mark was very tricky. Alot of clutching and turnin down the oil pump(7 gal of fuel to 1qt of oil, you want to be near the 10 gal to 1qt). I think they cranked up the oil pump for insurance, not for sure.

Jon

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I had the same sled and considered a BB kit. IMO, I think it is worth spending the extra coin and just doing a turbo. $2500 w/o clutching mods. I think you can get into a Silber turbo setup for that sled for around another $1000.

I did a high compression head and stock pipe mod. I'm not sure where you are from, but if you live in Colorado I can give you the number of the guy who did the work for me. The sled really woke up. Down low it was more responsive and really gained some power on top. It was a tad more temperamental in that I had to swap weights if I dipped down to 8,000 feet or went up to 10,000 feet. This made the 700 really strong.

07dragon

Apr 8, 2010
thanks everyone, great info!

when i bought it, the guy had put some rydefx shocks on the front (i think he said they came off a 08 600) he also gave me the WE and i sold them on ebay last summer. i know i can get better shocks, but right now these ones are working alright.

stem... where do i buy this spring? do you know how much? and it is stiffer to eliminate sag? does this mean it will ride rougher/ drop rougher? or will it still be soft but just not sag? and by not sagging, do i gain anything? sorry for all the questions... hey, im a newb!

Premium Features