• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Remote limiter strap adjustment

F

fastrack0

Mar 28, 2014
Penticton, BC
I'm new to skidoo so maybe u guys know about this but that seems like a sweet option. Kind of like what the arc does I guess

S

stmike

Dec 22, 2008
northern Ontario
I have it on my summit 850 ,but it is broke and waiting on parts .They should of made it to adjust one hole at a time instead of two.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
I have it on my summit 850 ,but it is broke and waiting on parts .They should of made it to adjust one hole at a time instead of two.

Yeah, What he said. I had one on my old XM, wound up leaving it in three and never moved it. If I could adjust my G4 from #3 to #4 with the adjuster, I'd be all over it. Two holes IMO is too big of a swing, for my speed

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
Have one on my sled, never really got a chance to use it and I go to try it and the cable is broke. In my opinion it’s a piece of JUNK. Work on the rest of your setup to keep ski’s down and forget the remote limiter adjuster. I don’t even know what to do right now, Try and fix it or just throw it away and forget how much it cost me. :face-icon-small-sad

JungleJim

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
I have the remote limiter strap adjuster with the control lever mounted on my handlebars and it works great! I make a point of only adjusting it shorter with the front of the skid compressed on the top of a mogul or stump. Otherwise its too hard to switch and I think it would break. I love how I can ride it up the trail in the long position and then quickly shorten it up when we hit the deep. There is a noticeable difference in the short position when climbing in 3 to 5 feet of fresh!

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
I have the remote limiter strap adjuster with the control lever mounted on my handlebars and it works great! I make a point of only adjusting it shorter with the front of the skid compressed on the top of a mogul or stump. Otherwise its too hard to switch and I think it would break. I love how I can ride it up the trail in the long position and then quickly shorten it up when we hit the deep. There is a noticeable difference in the short position when climbing in 3 to 5 feet of fresh!

Ditto!

I have the same adjuster configuration and I use it the same way, making sure the front of the skid is compressed when going from long to short. I sometimes even reach under and "help" it rotate just to keep from loading up the cable so much.

It's nice to have a sled that rides like a dirt bike on the trail/flats and handles like it should on the steeps.

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
I have one and you can put me in the camp that would not recommend it. It is definitely a great idea and should work, but it is just a P.O.S for me. :face-icon-small-sad Wish I would of kept my money in my pocket.

Premium Features