• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

its here

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Dig the antistab kit on the front of the rail!

They could include a free bar of gold with purchase and all some of you would do is complain the gold was too heavy ;)

+1. Looks to me like Arctic Cat is going in the right direction. Funny how people hate Arctic Cat more than any other sled. In 2012 they had the belt problem and everyone bashed them and said how horrible they are. Not many wanted to buy one for years. I read here and there that the 850 Doo is having allot of belt problems, but they sure don't get the bashing arctic Cat did.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I am unsure of how well the Alpha will hold a long sidehill in certain snow conditions. Yeah, it comes around fast in the video. As a long time skier, I know that you need to set an edge and hold it when turning on hard pack, spring snow, etc. or you will slide or wash out. My other concern is getting the thing back up on the uphill side if you put the downhill ski in the snow. All the weight of the rider, sled, etc. is going to want to go down. It is a gravity thing. Highsiding will occur if that happens. I want the track to set a hard edge and hold it. The Axys does that pretty well. Maybe the 18 Cat or 18 non Alpha do it well too. The 18 Ski Doo with T Motion and flex track not so well. Will the Alpha be in the Doo camp when it comes to that? I guess that we won't know without riding it ourselves.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Supposed to lean 17 degrees before track comes off concrete floor. Regular sled will lean 3. More track on ground means more traction but probably succeptible to washout in certain situations.

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
As far as the falling downhill while trying to hold a side hill, i think we are going to really have to ride it first, The problem i have on the doo is when the sled wants to go down hill it is really hard to keep your body weight from shifting from the uphill side to the down hill side, which of course compounds the problem, I think on the cat regardless of the skid in it, is much easier to keep your weight uphill and correct the dive, At this point will it wash out, Who Knows?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The difference between doo and cat is the rigid suspension. Cat has a 'flexible ' track where doo has the flex track and wobbly suspension. 2 completely different systems. I really think people will be surprised after riding the Alpha.
It is not the same as T-motion

Alpha ......

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
This skid will have some of the woes of 850 doo. If you ride it wrong foot forward and the doo backend is going downhill, the sled wants to turn uphill. Sometimes it is really hard to correct with t motion having it canted over compared to a poo or cat. The doo is harder to turn downhill. Have to ride them different. Straddled up

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
The difference between doo and cat is the rigid suspension. Cat has a 'flexible ' track where doo has the flex track and wobbly suspension. 2 completely different systems. I really think people will be surprised after riding the Alpha.
It is not the same as T-motion

Alpha ......

Have you ridden it?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
those alpha cat scratchers look expensive and hard to change, looks like you need to drop the skid to change them

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
+1. Looks to me like Arctic Cat is going in the right direction. Funny how people hate Arctic Cat more than any other sled. In 2012 they had the belt problem and everyone bashed them and said how horrible they are. Not many wanted to buy one for years. I read here and there that the 850 Doo is having allot of belt problems, but they sure don't get the bashing arctic Cat did.

12 cat did suck. Heavy, trenches bad, steering had no swing, people eating belts and the list goes on. Deserved the hate. On the 850 a few had belt problems but the sleds were awesome. I had 2 that were flawless.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Im hearing turn on a 3ft radius dime in pow but more washy in tough June snow.

Maybe a 165 will be better than a 153 if it flicks that easy in pow and more washy and less predictable in hard crap snow. I love cat 153s and not 162s so much, but on my axys the 155 is almost too flicky and I wish Id had done a 163.

Textron might be jamming a ton of inventory down dealers throats this year, I was hoping this take over was going to be the opposite of that.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Textron might be jamming a ton of inventory down dealers throats this year,

That definitely seemed like the vibe of that on-stage introduction.

Other than the alpha rail, the rest of the line up is pretty unchanged as far as design features. That left cluster is basically the same, just less junky looking.

But the tethers are good, the hardcore/burlier build is good, some of the suspension combos look pretty good. Nothing revolutionary but they do seem to be thinking about each individual sled in the lineup a little more and going after different needs. If you look at 2018 and 2019 together, they do seem to be moving forward faster.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden

It isn't the sleds fault, it's just that the "average" Cat fan is so easy to hate. They are the most fanatic group of people in the industry bar none and thus catches more flac than others :wave::roll::pound:

Jokes aside, Doo comes from a long tradition of belt problems so the fanbase are used to it. Cat came from the bulletproof, but in my opinion horrible, M-chassis with no belt problems to a No 1 Belt eating machine, of course people will "hate" such an evolutionary step.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Anyone heard the price difference between the Alpha and any of the other sleds in the mountain line up? Thinking it would be cool to have Mountain Cat or Hardcore and be able to swap back and forth between twin rail and alpha if in fact the Alpha does not work well in set up snow. Would also allow a guy to have a 2019 while waiting for any bugs with the Alpha to get worked out.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Anyone heard the price difference between the Alpha and any of the other sleds in the mountain line up? Thinking it would be cool to have Mountain Cat or Hardcore and be able to swap back and forth between twin rail and alpha if in fact the Alpha does not work well in set up snow. Would also allow a guy to have a 2019 while waiting for any bugs with the Alpha to get worked out.

I heard the Mountain Cat will be the same price as this years pricing. So no increase in costs on that model, and the Alpha Cat being $500 more

Premium Features