• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Heavy front end

L
Feb 4, 2010
SOCO
I have the limiter straps in the loosest position and the 225 front track shock and the front end still drops. I know there have been discussions on this but I cant find them. Has anyone put longer straps on? What else can I try?

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
is the problem that the front of the sled is sitting low or that the steering is heavy?

L
Feb 4, 2010
SOCO
Front of sled sits high due to fox zero pros and no sway bar, but steering effort is a little hard but no big deal, I do have holz spindles. Just seems that when Im in powder and let off the throttle front end dives more than other sleds.

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
ummm, yah. It's got a heavier motor in the front, don't let off the throttle in powder..lol:face-icon-small-ton

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Front of sled sits high due to fox zero pros and no sway bar, but steering effort is a little hard but no big deal, I do have holz spindles. Just seems that when Im in powder and let off the throttle front end dives more than other sleds.

What skis do you have?

B

benamen

Feb 21, 2008
Western Canada
When I first rode my 900 I noticed that when you let off the throttle, it seemed you were going to go over the handle bars. Last year I replaced the spindles & installed the 225lb spring and the heavier 47 degree rear springs. Now when I get off the throttle, jolt forward is not so pronounced. I was wondering which of the springs that I replaced had affected this the most. Maybe its the back of the sled coming up that caused the movement more than the front end going down as my rear springs were really sagged out. I still have the stock skiis on my machine and have never played with the limiter strap.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.

A couple things can cause that..... the first is the 'torque unloading' as you let off the gas, the backshift of the clutches will act as an engine brake and transfer a lot of the weight forward again giving you a tendancy to dive.... This motor offers a significantly higher amount of torque making the engine braking that much more noticeable, Especially if you are running a non-stock helix.

With the zero pros you can crank up the front spring preload a little bit to help minimize the dive and let the limiters out all the way (sounds like you already did that). As Z-Man said, there is a fair amount of weight on the front end of these sleds due to the motor, I believe the motor itself is close to 20 lbs heavier than the newer 800s if I recall correctly.

I would be hesitant to try longer limiter straps personally... you may risk stabbing the track.

Premium Features