• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex MPI Supercharger Clutching

mountain man

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Craigmont, ID
Was wondering what all of you who have MPI superchargers Stage 1 kits on apex's are doing for clutching? My sled has a 162x16x2.5 track and stock gearing. My elevation that i do most of my riding is around 5000 to 8000 feet on the high side. The sled was orginally rode in Colorado and was rode 8500ft up to 11000ft. It needs more weight for my lower elevation as it hit's the rev limiter very easly even in powder with a load on it. It has RX-1 weights the (8fs's) i believe. And has the heaviest rivests you can get in them. I was told by the guy i bought this sled from to weld a beed on the weight and grind them down so i had 2 to 2 1/2 grams more weight to each weight. Just wondering if this is a good idea or should i find another alturnative? I guess i am asking for good free advice. Thanks for your help in advance.

G

Grenade

Feb 3, 2009
Hey fellow apex rider was wandering if you were going to sell the weights that are in it as i just bought an 07 apex and need the weights you have. If interested my email is dogjb@hotmail.com Thanks Grenade

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
what spring are you running? i run similiar elevation, maybe your spring is 2 soft? i just put supertips on my apex and i'm extremely happy with the results.

M
Dec 30, 2009
APEX Stage1 High Altitude Clutching

I'm on my 5th season with the MPI Stage 1 Apex. I ride at 7000 to 11000 feet in Colorado. Been running the RX1 weights, heavy steel rivets (17.2 mm/4.5 Grams)and the Yamaha short clutch spring - Gold Yellow Gold # 90501-524G5-00. I run the stock secondary at 70 degrees for deep snow and softer for drag racing or packed snow. I tuned with a new belt. I tried many combinations and this one works.....

Premium Features