• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What are you being quoted for a new 850?

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
crazy,dealer called me yesterday and told me to snowcheck one even if I didn't want one. he said they would refund my $500 back to me. I think your dealer is giving you a sales pitch to get top dollar. But who knows.

In other words, you just became a ghost snowcheck for your dealer - see above.

My dealer said their allotment was for 18 and they already had 9 snowchecked. He also said there was no way he wouldn't order all 18 ----

There'll be a few around that the 'snowcheck' fell through on when we get to next fall. See quote above - that dealer has already figured out he's getting around it - call his good customers and get a snowcheck out of them whether they want it or not.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
FYI if I were a dealer and I had such a hot item, I'd be very cautious about who got a discount and who didn't. Customers roaming around bottom feeding that are likely to never come back again wouldn't get much out of me but customers with a track record of buying parts and service and utilizing my shop, well then those people they'd get something.

No sense in giving away profit to someone who's never going to pay it back. If you want good discounts build up a rapport with your dealer and make sure he knows you are a good customer not just a bottom feeder looking for the cheapest price.

Just my opinion.

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
FYI if I were a dealer and I had such a hot item, I'd be very cautious about who got a discount and who didn't. Customers roaming around bottom feeding that are likely to never come back again wouldn't get much out of me but customers with a track record of buying parts and service and utilizing my shop, well then those people they'd get something.

No sense in giving away profit to someone who's never going to pay it back. If you want good discounts build up a rapport with your dealer and make sure he knows you are a good customer not just a bottom feeder looking for the cheapest price.

Just my opinion.

In other words, dealers prefer whales.

Yeah, we know, that's why we shop around and try to avoid being taken advantage of.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018

Just my opinion.

Funny, when I go through craigslist I see the Junction Polaris dealer advertising $1000 below the Delta dealer. Seems like they encourage the bottom feeding? Moving units makes them money at the end of the day. I honestly do not think most of them care anymore.

I recently cracked up my sled and went shopping thinking it may have been totaled. Dealer in Durango was selling at his cost minus rebates. Junction dealers are similar and I know Montrose let a holdover Axys go for around $9k.

The real money is made on parts and service. Selling sleds creates a larger demand for parts and service. The more sleds sold regardless improves that market overall.

Again, I think punishing dealers for wanting hot models on the floor is retarded. Of course I think that about Polaris in general, they don't get my money anymore.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I wish I didn't see this as that really has me thinking. Wonder how many they have left out of their allocation?

Not sure how many are left. You’d have to call and ask. And goridedoo is right, it’s the 12404 + options

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
In other words, you just became a ghost snowcheck for your dealer - see above.

My dealer said their allotment was for 18 and they already had 9 snowchecked. He also said there was no way he wouldn't order all 18 ----

There'll be a few around that the 'snowcheck' fell through on when we get to next fall. See quote above - that dealer has already figured out he's getting around it - call his good customers and get a snowcheck out of them whether they want it or not.

Yep no way Polaris can or wants to control this. And if we have another crappy winter out west again next year their will be 850 snowcheck sitting on the dealers floors for $3000 to $4000 less then what you will snowcheck them for. But if we have a banner year they will most likely get bought up. It’s like gambling :face-icon-small-win

D

dude

Dec 3, 2007
Kamas, Utah
$1,000 off MSRP

Black with orange 850, 163 3", painted rails and tunnel.

MSRP $14,697 - $1,000 = $13,697

tax, title, license on top of that.

Last edited:

Johnny T.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Arlington MN
2 years ago I bought a 800 155 2.6 all red out the door for 13,927. I was just quoted 14,461 for an all red 163 2.6 850 out the door. This is in Minnesota. 2 years newer bigger motor and track and $500 more. If I dropped the extra 400$ color I'd be right at 14 grand. Both sleds are exactly the same concerning std. gauge and no add ons.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
Yep no way Polaris can or wants to control this. And if we have another crappy winter out west again next year their will be 850 snowcheck sitting on the dealers floors for $3000 to $4000 less then what you will snowcheck them for. But if we have a banner year they will most likely get bought up. It’s like gambling :face-icon-small-win

My question is if Polaris will honor the four year warranty on the snowcheck sleds that the original owner backs out of? Or will it be like Doo does & it reverts to just a one year warranty?

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
850, 2.6, 155, mono tube, painted rails and tunnel, standard gauge.

13,999 msrp

12,600 before tax

13,331 out the door

This dealer is pretty busy in the Midwest. They have already oversold their allotment of 850s. They said the orders go through and are accepted by Polaris so they’ll keep ordering. I hope these snowchecks aren’t showing up in January/February.

Beware just because there going through does mean they will get them. Dealer has to verify with Polaris when it's over and if total allotment has been met. So there could be some customers mad at there dealer.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
My question is if Polaris will honor the four year warranty on the snowcheck sleds that the original owner backs out of? Or will it be like Doo does & it reverts to just a one year warranty?

Don't quote me but I believe it would revert back to a one year warranty. The only reason I say that is because a local dealer here had a 18 "snowcheck" left over and I'm pretty sure they said that sled would have a one year warranty.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I was also told and have heard from others that Polaris is cracking down on "ghost" snowchecks. If a dealer ends up with snowchecks sitting on their showroom floor after the first of the year, they getting fined.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
Beware just because there going through does mean they will get them. Dealer has to verify with Polaris when it's over and if total allotment has been met. So there could be some customers mad at there dealer.

yeah i'm prepared to not get the sled. if i have to pick up an 800 hold over i can put a turbo on for about the same price as the snow check with a pipe and can.

it's been thought out numerous times.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
yeah i'm prepared to not get the sled. if i have to pick up an 800 hold over i can put a turbo on for about the same price as the snow check with a pipe and can.

it's been thought out numerous times.

thinking the same thing.

I can pick up a '18 for about $9500 before fees right now, transfer all my parts from my '17 and then boost it.

Sell my '17 and still come out ahead

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
I was also told and have heard from others that Polaris is cracking down on "ghost" snowchecks. If a dealer ends up with snowchecks sitting on their showroom floor after the first of the year, they getting fined.

No way not buying it. To hard for Polaris to tell if the customer is real or fake. I know lots of guys who have snowchecked with the intent to buy and then have walked away from their $500 deposit in the fall. They might be trying to discourage it but they won’t fine a dealer. Not falling for that sales pitch.

A
Oct 25, 2013
Anyone else put there order in or get a quote? I am going to order mine this weekend. I will update the OTD price when I decide on options.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I snowchecked a 155 2.6 Pro RMK 850, Black w/ lime accents. Monotube shocks, MC gauge, low bars, low windshield.
+398 for the color choice
+ 98 dealer fee
————
12900 subtotal before sales tax and registration

6DC7888F-6449-4A0B-9135-D6591372601F.jpg

Last edited:

ProRide800155

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
No way not buying it. To hard for Polaris to tell if the customer is real or fake. I know lots of guys who have snowchecked with the intent to buy and then have walked away from their $500 deposit in the fall. They might be trying to discourage it but they won’t fine a dealer. Not falling for that sales pitch.

Not say its true but from what I was told they will be calling customers and more or less finding out if it was a customer that just didn’t pick up or dealer just ordered for stock

Premium Features