• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.25" track on Ascender?

C
Mar 9, 2017
Would you be able to put a 2.25" track on the Ascender without any modifications? Or has anyone done this?

I like everything about the ascender (handlebars, narrow front, etc.) But the 3" is to much for where I ride, and I dont want to go to the high country for the above noted reasons.

GBrown

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
A 2.25" powerclaw should swap right in. The base model Ascender (6000) and Sno Pro are still available with the 2.6", that might be another option for you as well if you don't want the 3". The 2.6" is a huge improvement over the 2.25" in everything but trail riding.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Don't need drop and roll with 2.25, would perform better with non drop and roll chassis

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
Would you be able to put a 2.25" track on the Ascender without any modifications? Or has anyone done this?

I like everything about the ascender (handlebars, narrow front, etc.) But the 3" is to much for where I ride, and I dont want to go to the high country for the above noted reasons.

I have a 2.25/153 PC perfect shape ~ 800 miles; If interested PM me.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.

Direct replacement.
U can trade ur track for a 2.25 and have them give u $$$ for ur 3in.
Lots of people want that 3in.

I am sure people will buy u a brand new track of ur choice for ur 3in.

Mar 7, 2017
West Bend, WI
Don't need drop and roll with 2.25, would perform better with non drop and roll chassis

Could you explain further?
I’ve wondered why the 153 high country wasn’t drop and roll...
I’m also curious because I’m considering doing the drop and roll on my 16 M8000 Sno Pro and keeping my 2.6 pc that I cut the fingers off. Don’t mean to hijack the thread here. Thanks

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Could you explain further?
I’ve wondered why the 153 high country wasn’t drop and roll...
I’m also curious because I’m considering doing the drop and roll on my 16 M8000 Sno Pro and keeping my 2.6 pc that I cut the fingers off. Don’t mean to hijack the thread here. Thanks

Cat dropped and rolled the chain case to have a better attack angle between the snow and the track and to fit 8 tooth drivers and a 3" track in the tunnel and still have good track to tunnel clearance. Now we have a better deep snow sled.

The 3" pitch 8 tooth drivers are more efficient than the 7 tooth drivers. The track rolls around the drivers easier. I hated the 7 tooth drivers in my 2016 ltd. That's why I did the drop and roll to my sled. It was very worth it for me.

I trail ride a 2015 M800 153" with a 2.6 track all the time. I use the scratchers when necessary.

High country sleds are good options for guys that trail ride lots and make a trip a year to the mountains.

Premium Features