• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dealer says no warranty on new 18 Freeride

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
So a dealer has a 18 Freeride 154 on floor that I inquired about. They state X-package sleds do not come with a warranty or qualify for rebates & then said we can sell you a bumper to bumper warranty though for $1250 LOL. Anyone actually know the correct warranty on this sled? I tried searching BRP site but no luck.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
if It’s a snow check and someone backed out on it, the new buyer doesn’t get the 4 year warranty.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
if It’s a snow check and someone backed out on it, the new buyer doesn’t get the 4 year warranty.

That would make sense. Crazy they still want MSRP for it :face-icon-small-con. Who would buy a sled like this then with no warranty. Makes no sense.

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Unless your set on that color, your better off getting a sp and buying shocks with rebates right now.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Find a good dealer who'll work for you!

My Buddy just picked up a 2018 Summit X model someone backed out of. I don't know the details on how they did it... but he claims he managed to get the four year warranty.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
If the dealer paid cash out of their pocket to BRP for the sled by January 1st it has a warranty. If someone backed out and there dealer didn't pay BRP I'm pretty sure the sled loses its warranty.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
If the dealer paid cash out of their pocket to BRP for the sled by January 1st it has a warranty. If someone backed out and there dealer didn't pay BRP I'm pretty sure the sled loses its warranty.

Wow! Crazy!!!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
That is likely correct.

Although I would be a little surprised if it didn't revert to still coming with a 1-year warranty....if they paid it out.

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
One thing I know for sure. I would absolutely not buy an 8shiddy without a warranty. You will need it. I expect the bottom end on my 18’ to let loose any day now.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID

That is correct. Snowchecks loose their Snowcheck benefits 1st of the year if not paid. Helps to keep dealers honest when checking sleds as extras that have no actual owners.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Losing the Snocheck four year is reasonable, but no warranty?

I'd love to see the fine print on the dealer program - zero OEM warranty on a brand new sled bought through a licensed dealer? Talk about sticking the dealer, and then the customer. If this is true, is this BRP only, or are all OEMs doing this now?

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
No, I'm sure he mispoke. The sled will come with the one year bumper to bumper warranty, however, the extended policy option is sold to the customer, not the sled. If shops are getting the extended warranty's on sled's customers defaulted on, then there cooking the books...

K
Jan 28, 2011
Thunder Mountain Lodge
Extended warranty

3 years ago I bought a 3 year extended warranty for $650. Not sure if it is really $1250, sounds crazy. Any dealer can sell you the extended warranty, might be worth a phone call with the VIN in hand. Unless you get it for like $4k below retail I would not buy it. Dealers in Colorado are selling brand new 2018 SP 154 3" $10k plus $300 tax. Add another $300 for the 165 (I would) Out the door. Come buy one and we are getting good snow now. Thunder Mountain Lodge

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
No, I'm sure he mispoke. The sled will come with the one year bumper to bumper warranty, however, the extended policy option is sold to the customer, not the sled. If shops are getting the extended warranty's on sled's customers defaulted on, then there cooking the books...

Pretty sure this reply is correct.

Andystoy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2016
All new sleds should come with a one year warranty from BRP even if they are new and several years old. The snow checked ones should revert to the one year warranty if the original buyer backs out. I believe the work around where some claim to have received extended warranty with a snow checked machine would involve a warranty transfer which BRP did not sanction.
The first question one should ask is what warranty comes with the machine from BRP and what aftermarket warranty is available and at what cost? Jmo I am not a dealer but that was the explanation I got from my dealer when I inquired.

Premium Features