• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

suspension FYI for 2018 mnt cat riders

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
Checked and changing mine, does a guy have to worry about the bolt being to long the other way and going into the shock on the left upper side of limiter strap

Hoss

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Checked and changing mine, does a guy have to worry about the bolt being to long the other way and going into the shock on the left upper side of limiter strap

Hoss

I left that one facing forward for that very reason. I just cut the bolt shorter so that it's just a hair over flush with the nylock nut. Works well with no track lug damage.

Sled424

Premium Member
Sep 14, 2016
A buddy of mine has the new 800 cat and while we were out riding you could hear a load ratcheting noise when the suspension was would compress while hitting jumps or holes. We thought the track was loose at first, but when we checked it was fair tight. At closer look the center lugs on the track were all chewed up but there was nothing in the track. Took it to the dealer and they discovered the limiter strap bolts were too long and in the wrong way so that on heavy compression the bolt would contact the track and chew it up. So Cat has gone good for the track and they put in shorter bolts and installed them the other way. Could have been a fluke manufacturing thing or an over site. either way I would check it out.
Arctic cat just recalled the limiter straps this morning check with your dealer for more info

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

pitchervy

Lifetime Membership
May 2, 2017
Valpo, Indiana
heres another one: 3 little bolts holding rear axle together, 8mm head with 10mm nut.

those supposed to be loose? 2 outa 2 sleds here...

Thanks for the heads up on the Tri-hub. Checked mine last night. All 3 were loose. It appears they were never torqued to 50 in lbs at assembly, cause they were all the same and just finger tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Thanks for the heads up on the Tri-hub. Checked mine last night. All 3 were loose. It appears they were never torqued to 50 in lbs at assembly, cause they were all the same and just finger tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which bolts and nuts are these?

Premium Features