• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Biggest flop of the year?

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Guys jesus Christ, the guy likes them. Let a man have his own opinion Hes coming on yamies and Im sure this sled feels awesome. Everyone has their own opinion. Some guys like some things that others don't. If you like it great, if you don't great. I think you haters are a bit rough on the Gen4. my 165 isn't half as bad as what some of you are saying. Does it have issues, sure. is there any other manufacturer that has done a total chassis and motor change not have issues? (IE: 2012 Cat) And it is much better than last years T3. Guys saying otherwise are just trying to start a internet war.

Woah fella I wasn't saying anything about skidoo. I'm just trying to find a forum to make me an admin so I can start charging members to post there so I can buy 3 new sleds in a year :juggle:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Woah fella I wasn't saying anything about skidoo. I'm just trying to find a forum to make me an admin so I can start charging members to post there so I can buy 3 new sleds in a year :juggle:

uh huh. . ..and brag about buying a FOURTH one. That way everyone will know how big, and powerful, and rich, and how totally full of awesomeness you are LOL

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
uh huh. . ..and brag about buying a FOURTH one. That way everyone will know how big, and powerful, and rich, and how totally full of awesomeness you are LOL

Just icing on the cake! And here I thought I was smart going to school for 6 years so I could afford a sled. Had I known admins stack that $$$ I would have taken that career path ages ago :face-icon-small-hap

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
I saw two 850's that were pretty tough to hang with this season, they were both piloted by lightweights. When driven by riders of equal size I haven't seen one 850 outperform my Poo in any mountain condition. I will give them credit for building one impressive road racer, can't compete with 93 MPH.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
LOL , the G4 is the most technically advanced machine made from the ground up . What are you guys complaining about ? It's the first year out and if your foolish enough to purchase a first year and have problems I guess your foolish enough to think there won't be any problems :face-icon-small-hap

I'd have to say the biggest flop goes to the manufacture that has the least amount of input , fits quite well actually , no progress equals BIGGEST FLOP OF THE YEAR . Can't be the Sidewinder or Textron .

Good one guys ,

B
Feb 18, 2009
had a chance to put a leg over one and the fit and finish is to notch. power is good low and mid with peak power on par with my piped 16 cat. after riding a 18 cat the 50 cc will not matter at all as each makes about the same low and mid power by my azz dyno but cat is doing it with an 800. in the large scope of this we all win.
so my summery and take it with a band loyal grain of salt.
Cat: side hills closer to the poo with better mid and low power and about the same top as all. stock skis suck but has lots of potential.
Doo: stock out of the box good power with nice fit and finish still seams the g4 is a bandaid for the xp. Clean throttle and up on the snow well even faster then the poo.
Poo BNG. low on power compared to the 18 prospects, go's flat at the 50 mph mark. still not impressed with the light weight V reliability.
Yammie....haha.

Bandaid for XP? What kind stupid statement is that? Gen4 is nothing like a XP, NOTHING!

And as for power to the ground you do realize the stock clutch calibration on the 850s was horrible and that makes all the difference in overall performance (power-wise)...

The ONLY thing the Poo or Cat do better is hold a line on a steep sidehill and the difference is marginal at best. Lock out the t-motion if that is important.

The 2018s will resolve the belt issues, calibrations, and weak bulkeads. Most engine failures are BS rumors by jealous brand loyal Poo and Cat riders. 850 is the the best 2 stroke engine in a sled period.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
850 is the the best 2 stroke engine in a sled period.

290f7a1a72c0836cdeda6af2ff603283.jpg

jdrmx

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2013
Eastern SD
Remember, Skidoo has been blazing the trail, for the most part anyway. If your the first to try something, it seems like it would be tough to get it perfect the first time. Remember the 174 polaris built? There one video out there that said, "we were not the first to build the 174, but we were the first to build it right". These days ir tough to say a sled is a flop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Back in February out for a week in chest deep snow with a bunch of proud 850 owners... after the week was over there was a change in their tune.. even a 2012 xm was very comparable in the deep with a good rider, and the t3 174was just to much for them to follow even thou we were lead to believe it would be all g4:eyebrows:

I Believe they are making the power the Dino's claim, but don't believe it's making it to the snow.. between wobble primary lack of efficiency, bad gearing, and possible lack of track, lack of skid, there is 20 hp disappearing

Doo will figure this crap out now in 18 since we pointed it out last winter.. I hope

jonsonfire81

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2009
Iowa
Far from a flop

No issues with mine either, put on almost 500 miles on two trips with the second trip being nipple deep every day. Lots of 850's sold and every single person that I have talked to that actually owns one is very happy.
I don't need to bash the small market share of the the other brands, that speaks for itself. Ride what makes you happy and shut your mouth. Best part of riding is the fact that I have a helmet on and don't have to listen to anyone whine or complain all day.

As for Christopher buying sleds, anyone that wants to put him down should go and actually ride with the guy before you bash him. I have been on this forum reading and learning for a long time and if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt it is him.

Thank you to the moderators and Christopher for providing a great place to learn and research our great sport!

IMG_1064.jpg

R
Feb 29, 2016
As for Christopher buying sleds, anyone that wants to put him down should go and actually ride with the guy before you bash him. I have been on this forum reading and learning for a long time and if anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt it is him.

Thank you to the moderators and Christopher for providing a great place to learn and research our great sport!

For someone who has been here "a long time" you obviously do not remember this place before Christopher. He did not provide this place for us to share. He simply came in filled it with ads and starting ripping people off for money to come and discuss their passion. He has done more to ruin this place than any single human ever. It is a FAR worse place than it ever used to be pre Chrissy. You like the guy? Not me, zero respect from me, don't care for the guy one bit...

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
No issues with mine either, put on almost 500 miles on two trips with the second trip being nipple deep every day. Lots of 850's sold and every single person that I have talked to that actually owns one is very happy.
I don't need to bash the small market share of the the other brands, that speaks for itself. Ride what makes you happy and shut your mouth. Best part of riding is the fact that I have a helmet on and don't have to listen to anyone whine or complain all day.

Are you guys scratching each others backs these days? hahaha

Most people are "very happy" with the sled they buy. It helps justify the expense. No one wants to spend 15k on an ugly, heavy sled and then admit it has "issues" and that they don't like it :)

I agree . . .buy the sled you believe is the best and ride it . . . i certainly do :)

jonsonfire81

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2009
Iowa
Are you guys scratching each others backs these days? hahaha

Most people are "very happy" with the sled they buy. It helps justify the expense. No one wants to spend 15k on an ugly, heavy sled and then admit it has "issues" and that they don't like it :)

I agree . . .buy the sled you believe is the best and ride it . . . i certainly do :)

I'd scratch your back too, just don't ask me to tow your sled out with my floppy, belt eating, over-hyped junker.

jonsonfire81

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2009
Iowa
For someone who has been here "a long time" you obviously do not remember this place before Christopher. He did not provide this place for us to share. He simply came in filled it with ads and starting ripping people off for money to come and discuss their passion. He has done more to ruin this place than any single human ever. It is a FAR worse place than it ever used to be pre Chrissy. You like the guy? Not me, zero respect from me, don't care for the guy one bit...

Red Mtn
"Fixing my polaris"

Your current status says a mouthful

R
Feb 29, 2016
Red Mtn
"Fixing my polaris"

Your current status says a mouthful

My story is right here on the forum to read. No kool aid drinking necessary. I am EXTREMELY disappointed with my last two Polaris purchases and the dealer service that I can not seem to find anywhere nearby. I LOVE the sled when it works. Hasn't worked for chit all season and I have been VERY honest about it in public. I have also ridden the new 850 a couple of times and My money will go back to Cat. I have been very public on this forum about that as well so I really do not see your point.

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I have been on snowest for years, over a decade, great assumption you made followed up with a stupid insult...

I have worked on both of my Pro's and maintain my Axys, My buddys '15 Doo and a fleet of old M-Cats. I have been around sleds for a long time, and I work on them, did an M1000 rebuild this fall. So spare me the lecture on your relative superiority.

I do not see a big quality difference between the two. The Doo has plenty of flaws too. The pistons in my '16 look great through the exhaust valve ports, nice wash, clean, no visible wear on the front side, pulls hard. I am happy with it. I am going to run it a second season. I bet it goes 2500 miles. I have never expected more than a couple of good seasons from a sled. You are going to be working on all of them by then.

I do not see the superior reliability of the motor to be a huge deal when the chassis is wearing out anyway. Better go through the whole thing after two seasons. I would rather replace it. Heck, if we have a good summer I might just trade again. It wont be for a Doo because it still isn't as good of a sled.

funny chit here with your history you can look up all kinds of fun.

R
Feb 29, 2016
funny chit here with your history you can look up all kinds of fun.

I have a couple more user names you can look up as well if you would like.

...and yes, never been a fan of Doo. Never liked how they ride, never been impressed with the quality. My buddys 16 Doo has gone to cutting out on the hill now. Lots of stupid issues with his '11 before that. I have seen way too many broken to think it might be a good choice. I would just buy another Poo, at least I like riding it when it works.

Last edited:
Premium Features