• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.8,3.0,3.2 track suggestions

S

sdstroker

Nov 17, 2013
Looking at a 155 2.6 axys and the track isn't in very good condition. Coming off a 162x3 turbo pro and looking for track suggestions. I had a 156x3x16 Rev before the pro and loved that track. Could pick up the front end with ease and awesome in the trees. The turbo pro does not seem to pop up like the Rev, hence wanting to go back to a shorter length.
From what I have read the 2.8 doesn't hold up, factory 3“ has its issues with window wear and haven't heard much about the 3.2. I'm going to put a sidekick on it too. Right now I am leaning towards the 3.2x156. Will only be rode in the mountains.
Any input and experience with these tracks would be appreciated.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I love the 3" powerclaw I have on my axys. I ran this track for 3 years on Cats. Best track out there IMO. Holds up well to abuse. Well, unless you have a turbo and spin it out on early season logs and rocks lol.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I've heard good things about the X3 holding up.
Note: The X3 is the aftermarket Camso track.... not the same as the factory Polaris 3" paddle tracks

I had an X3 for a while... abused it and no lost paddles.

HMM.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Looking at a 155 2.6 axys and the track isn't in very good condition. Coming off a 162x3 turbo pro and looking for track suggestions. I had a 156x3x16 Rev before the pro and loved that track. Could pick up the front end with ease and awesome in the trees. The turbo pro does not seem to pop up like the Rev, hence wanting to go back to a shorter length.
From what I have read the 2.8 doesn't hold up, factory 3“ has its issues with window wear and haven't heard much about the 3.2. I'm going to put a sidekick on it too. Right now I am leaning towards the 3.2x156. Will only be rode in the mountains.
Any input and experience with these tracks would be appreciated.

The 3.2 is the best track I have used to date.

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
I run the 3.2 because I like how quick it gets on the snow. I don't feel the 3.2 is as rugged as the X3 or Cat track and it doesn't crossover as well in the Spring snow.

On a 155 things are gonna get wild!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Did you gear it down to 2.33? What length are you at?

Actually my brothers sled.

162x3.2.
Axys with pro pulleys on quickdrive.
Slp pipe.
A2d clutching.

It would stomp my sled with poo 3”.
On everything but hardpack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I think stock Polaris 2.6 is an awesome all around track. I would use that for any N.A. Sled, but given the fact that you're putting a turbo on it, other tracks might suit you better. With a 155 though,
I would stay away from stiff tracks, that thing will trench bad without right suspension setup. Just my 2 cents.

Premium Features