• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

garage shop choices

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Need update....................................Hows it coming? Finished?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
In the photos the diagonal tension members are still outside of the studs, correct?

I would assume you will fur (have furred) the wall out past them before sheeting it?

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
In the photos the diagonal tension members are still outside of the studs, correct?

I would assume you will fur (have furred) the wall out past them before sheeting it?

Yep the vertical 2x4 studs were inside the turn buckle straps, then the horizontal 2x3 pieces on the outside of the studs added up to the same width as the 2x6 sill plate

That was the easy wall now it's pretty tricky scabing in the rest, lots of funny business going to be happening here

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Looks like you were successful! Patience and persistence will beat force every time. Most of time it is easier to fish a rope / cable thru and pull them with a generous amount of cable lube, depending on the number of bends and how tight of a radius they are, some pushing may be needed as well.

Looking good! Hopefully that will rectify your electrical woes at your new location.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
So now comes the question. I now have the power for my welder which needs 120 amps. I don't really want to hard wire it but it seems to be the only option. Unless someone knows of an affordable single phase 120amp plug and recepticle.

Premium Features