• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track Upgrade Suggestions?

E

endeavorslc

Jan 11, 2008
Billings, MT
I have a Stage II Supercharged Nytro currently with a Simmons Rear suspension in a 153" length maverick track. I am noticing a difficult time hooking up on loose snow conditions and trenching when climbing. I also feel like I am on ice skates when descending hills. I do know that some of the trenching issues can be related to the rear suspension set up so I am working with Simmons to dial that in but I am debating both track length and model. My riding preferences are more towards the boondocking, tight tree riding than pure hill climbing. I have searched the forum and it seems that the Challenger Extreme 162 x 2.5" seems to be the tool of choice. I have also noticed some positive feedback on the Power Claw as well and even the new maverick 162". So, if anyone has some advice on whether or not I even need to go to a longer track, if so, how long (162-174?) and which track supports my riding preferences best I would really appreciate it. Thanks for all of your help.

Jaime

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
#1 - STAY AWAY FROM MAVERICKS! even the 2010's are junk

#2 - The Powerclaw is not thee best track for sudden stops, but performs excellently otherwise (2 season vet). It suffers a bit on super hardpack conditions.​

#3 - The CE is an excellent track as well. It suffers a bit in "fluff" but works very well everywhere else.

174's are very unforgiving in the trees, and harder to steer. I recommend the 162"​

Last edited:
F
Sep 22, 2009
Before you spend any money, cut 1/4" off the track and ride it. This will make a huge difference in the way the track hooks.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
#1 - STAY AWAY FROM MAVERICKS! even the 2010's are junk

#2 - The Powerclaw is not thee best track for sudden stops, but performs excellently otherwise (2 season vet). It suffers a bit on super hardpack conditions.​

#3 - The CE is an excellent track as well. It suffers a bit in "fluff" but works very well everywhere else.

174's are very unforgiving in the trees, and harder to steer. I recommend the 162"​

i would totally disagree that the CE Suffers in the fluff....it works incredible in the super deep. (this is the 2.5 CE i am speaking of) I would recommend the 162x2.5

Last edited:
S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
1600km on my 2-1/2 camo extreme and the paddles are still standing to attention with 17lbs of boost. The diffrence in hookup from the maverick is very noticeable.

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Track

I have a 174 CE, with 2.5 inch paddles, handles great everywhere "even in the trees" .

R

Rhinohunter

Jan 2, 2008
Emigrant,Montana
I've got the 162 CE 2.5 and like it alot more than the maverick, the difference isn't even comparable, the biggest difference I noticed was in braking on the steep decents. Pretty good all around track for everyone in my opinion.

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
I still find the CE locks up pretty easy on descents. With having the pressure on the skis and steep descents there really isn't any way around that

Premium Features