• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 Assault 800 CFI 4 Freezing up?

M
Mar 10, 2014
Hi Guys,

Last Weekend I got me sled out for the first time this year, dumped some fresh 91 octane in, and brought it for a short drive.

After about 10 minutes, the check engine light flashed on, and it died instantly. I pulled the cord thinking it would be seized, but it turned over fine and had good compression. I Decided to try starting it again and it started right up and ran fine, I turned around and slowly headed for home but this time the same thing happened after 2 minutes. I checked the plugs and they looked normal ( PTO side was a little lean looking but nothing crazy) I tried starting it again it was harder to start this time. (Had to hold the gas open). Once started it bogged for a minute and started to idle normally again. I drove a couple hundred feet to the nearest road where I could go get it with my truck and brought it home.

At home I checked the compression (100 psi in both at sea level), changed the plugs, and added some gas line anti freeze and it was running normally again. My question is, could this be a simple case of freezing up, or is it warning signs of bigger problems?

Premium Features