• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for backcountry camera pack, suggestions

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
I am looking for a good back country pack that I can carry avalanche gear and my digital SLR camera. The pack I have now is ok but it does not have any padding for my camera. any ideas?

You may want to consider a padded chest pack.
http://tinyurl.com/ygbvyy7

It's padded and will protect your rig in your back pack until you get into the zone. Once you get to where you want to start shooting you can attach it to the front of your pack harness (this part you would probably have to fabricate yourself) for quick access, that still offers protection.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com

I second the Dakine Sequence pack w/Camera Block. Awesome packs. I have a little bias as I have a buddy who designs these packs, but if I personally didn't like anything about it, he'd hear complaints, as for now, none. This pack has been awesome and kept my camera gear in great shape, even after a few tumbles..I generally carry my SLR and a Video Camera in there out. Plenty of room and configurations as well as room for other non camera gear if necessary.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Okotoks
I had to take my canon in for service last year after carrying it my tunnel bag. Shook it up too much. I bought a camera bag that straps to my chest but I'm not sure about wearing the backpack and the camera bag. I'm going to try it this year.

P
Mar 2, 2008
vail, co
I have the dakine sequence pack, looks great, but just picked it up. the camera block sits inside this pack and is difficult to colapse when putting weight on it. You can put the shovel in the front pocket and strap the probe to the side.
thanks
patrick

Premium Features