• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hello from iowa

R

riverider

Sep 19, 2011
Boondocks , Iowa
greetings all.....im AJ from central iowa i live down by the "boondocks" ive enjoyed sledding all my life but taken it seriously for the last 5 years. i ride a 09 f1000 or a 04 f7 depending on wat kind of day im haveing?!..i havent been lucky enuf to make it to the moutains to ride yet but planning on heading to white sulphur springs this winter. any and all advise/opinions will be greatly appretiated as i am always looking to improve my machine and my abilities. So let the water freeze and the snow fly cause happiness is just around the corner!!!!!!

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
:welcome: to the forum. Originally an 'Iowegian' myself. Northwest Iowa. Lotsa good folk and good info here. Just a warning; once you've been to the mountains, the rivers and ditches won't have the same appeal. Then you'll be planning more trips out west and the addiction will become greater and the pocketbook will become thinner!

cb2honk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Western iowa
:Just a warning; once you've been to the mountains, the rivers and ditches won't have the same appeal. Then you'll be planning more trips out west and the addiction will become greater and the pocketbook will become thinner!

^ This is 100% true!!! I don't have any desire to even ride my sled here in iowa anymore. And my snowmobiling budget has SKYROCKETED!!! I'm seriously considering a move to the west in the near future, if i can make it happen. I just can't take the depressing drive back to iowa from the mountains anymore. 1st year to the mountains I had one scheduled trip that turned into TWO at the expense of my wife almost losing her mind! Since that first year(4 years ago), I've made at least 4-5 trips every season, bought enclosed trailer and truck to pull it, Big bore motors, Turbo, Brand new sled, thousands on mods and gear! But it is worth EVERY penny!!!

R

riverider

Sep 19, 2011
Boondocks , Iowa
i was lucky enuf to befriend a fella that ownes a lodge in white sulphur springs montana and my plans r to spend much time there in the winter months

Premium Features