• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A Russian custom snowmobile with an iron American "heart"

S
Feb 11, 2017
Russia, Uljanovsk
hello, everyone . I would like to tell you about my custom snowmobile.

60be84ds-960.jpg

It has a custom hand-made frame and an American 22 horse Briggs and Stratton Vanguard engine. However, the track, the sprockets and the runners are produced by Russian snowmobiles manufacturers. Suspension levers are also custom hand-made. the rebounds are taken from Lada 2110 (a Russian model of a car) and the springs are taken from a Russian motorcycle Ural.

6a99cc5s-960.jpg

7e99cc5s-960.jpg

The facia is made of ABS and is custom AS well.

9d764a5s-960.jpg

4dde8d5s-960.jpg

a0ce8d5s-960.jpg

For now the snowmobile already has an excellent road performance thanks to a wide and a long track (3366*500 mm) with a maximum speed of 70 km/h.

The snowmobile is equipped with brakes, reverse gear, handles heating-up, an electric starter, a lighting coil and a head lamp.

48d23f5s-960.jpg

I still have a lot ahead of me, for instance, I am planning to prolong the frame, to reconstruct the brakes , to finish the facia and to set in the instruments.

The whole construction process is described and shown on my Youtube-channel.:
https://youtu.be/fnXihTSFfQM

e9f3f8ds-960.jpg

If you are interested in what I am doing, I can give the videos the english subtitles and prepare the detailed description to each video on the channel.
Thank you for your attention.

B
Feb 6, 2012
Very beautiful construction! He seems to have very few people building their snowmobiles from scratch in Canada, I only know one in addition to me. In Russia it seems more popular.

I would like to know what material you used for the front bodywork? This seems to be a type of plastic that keeps these folds?

S
Feb 11, 2017
Russia, Uljanovsk
Congratulations.:face-icon-small-hap
Its not very often that we see a completely SCRATCH BUILT snowmobile here on SnoWest any more.
Thanks for your feedback :face-icon-small-hap

Very beautiful construction! He seems to have very few people building their snowmobiles from scratch in Canada, I only know one in addition to me. In Russia it seems more popular.

I would like to know what material you used for the front bodywork? This seems to be a type of plastic that keeps these folds?

Thank you for your feedback. I am really glad to know you liked it ! The custom snowmobiles are indeed very popular here in Russia, but they are mostly light (up to 20 horse power). More often by the way the constructors do not really care about the exterior, but they do about the practical aspect of the snowmobile, the road performance. As for our snowmobile and the plastic type, we use 3 mm thick ABS for the front. ABS can be easily bought here , sheets 1,5m*2 m. I have some videos on my Youtube channel , where you can see how we put it into a shape needed.
https://youtu.be/0eIqILNbkVo
Right now though we are working on to English subtitles to the videos, but still.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
chaincase

Anybody notice the chain case?????
Now, imagine the chain case much longer, how wide would the sleds be that we ride?

Good job kid.....

B
Feb 6, 2012
Thanks for your feedback :face-icon-small-hap

Thank you for your feedback. I am really glad to know you liked it ! The custom snowmobiles are indeed very popular here in Russia, but they are mostly light (up to 20 horse power). More often by the way the constructors do not really care about the exterior, but they do about the practical aspect of the snowmobile, the road performance. As for our snowmobile and the plastic type, we use 3 mm thick ABS for the front. ABS can be easily bought here , sheets 1,5m*2 m. I have some videos on my Youtube channel , where you can see how we put it into a shape needed.
https://youtu.be/0eIqILNbkVo
Right now though we are working on to English subtitles to the videos, but still.

Thank you very much for the trick!
I took aluminum, carbon fiber and UHMW plastic. The UHMW is perfect for the underside of the snowmobile because it is almost indestructible, abrasion resistant and shock resistant. But the UHMW can not bend like the ABS. The aluminum bends but works very easily, it must be thin so as not to increase the weight too much. Carbon fiber is lightweight for its strength but does not bend, is very expensive and can break.

Premium Features