• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NEW PRODUCT

K

ktmbrock

Dec 3, 2011
cove ut
www.brockstarperformance.com
Imagine that…. Wyoboy1000 bringing his negative vibes to another post. :face-icon-small-sad

if the product is not in your budget, dont admit it in your comments! This is a premium billet product that looks well designed, and a true upgrade. Don't hate on it, just because its not for you. This is progression. Encourage and support the people and companies that are putting in the time and money to make improvements to our sport!!

High Country

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
Canada
Imagine that…. Wyoboy1000 bringing his negative vibes to another post. :face-icon-small-sad

if the product is not in your budget, dont admit it in your comments! This is a premium billet product that looks well designed, and a true upgrade. Don't hate on it, just because its not for you. This is progression. Encourage and support the people and companies that are putting in the time and money to make improvements to our sport!!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
$50 a pound? heck I wouldn't be complaining!! ABOUT the only other place you are gonna see $$$ per pound numbers like that is a can.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO

I didn't say its not in my budget! Thats your assumption and quite a fallacy, so why are you looking to be a hater when I never said anything about not liking it only my opinion based on an unanswered weight question.
What I am saying is: Without an answer on the true weight loss it could be deceiving! Per the informatino of the thread it suggests a $50 per lb weight loss, but is it true??? I just asked for an answer and stated my opinion.

I never knocked the product, without answers if I wanted to loose the weight I would go with a hood and drop even more weight for the money. (key words "if") my opinion that also forces one to avoid or answer the question.

Just because you brought it up, "if" i already had a other weight mods and hood it might be something to look at depending on true weight. Or "if" I need the room or had broke a tank on a rock because its stupid low, well then now i'm interested. It provides other function that are good to: Integrates stock functions, you can see the oil, free's up room for what ever you like, turbo applications, storage if wanted etc... that part is great but my posts are concerning weight because its a rather large statement of the thread!

You could have just stated your opinion of the product "its Billet" ooooo rather than be a hater.

Now can I get my question answered please. Weight loss not including oil?

C.O.2, is 2.5lbs your finding or the manufacturers?

Last edited:

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
My concern is the plastic tank beeing so close to the exhaust. I dont know how many oil neck sleeves Ive sold for the old m-series, where the filler neck got warped of the hot exhaust. And that was not as close at this.

Daltech

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
My concern is the plastic tank beeing so close to the exhaust. I dont know how many oil neck sleeves Ive sold for the old m-series, where the filler neck got warped of the hot exhaust. And that was not as close at this.

Daltech

I thought about that as well along with how long will the plastic tabs last if being bounced around but it should work and a small heat sheild would be simple. ALthough weight savings would drop a tiny bit.
Without testing its a neutral subject. IMO

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Looks awesome, amazing that Cat isn't smart enough (or willing to spend alittle extra money) to build something like that from the factory.

You might consider building a heat shield or maybe just heat tape would be enough. Warping the tank would be a concern of mine. Nice Work!

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Send me 20.00 USD via payapl and I will tell you how to lose the equivalent of 2 quarts of oil in weight off your Pro climb without turning a wrench...............................

:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

The material is on order. We should start our production run this week. It is looking like the price will be $295 + shipping and handling. We made some small changes which lightened it up and moved the tank back a little. You can get on the web site and preorder. We have some commitments already and will sell on a first come first serve basis. We should start shipping in mid to the end of October.

2014-09-24 08.19.31.jpg

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
So you have the final weight savings numbers? :) With the full tank of oil and empty tank of oil?
Price wise, it looks pretty good. Would be a great update for my sled since I want to shave more weight from mine.

Premium Features