• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bar forward.... Kincaid style

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Just a FYI for the guys going 3" post forward. I'm 6 feet tall an first put on 2.5" riser an found it a lil low on trail (hunch back). So next size I could get was 4". Put that on it it lasted one day an I was pushed too far back again an sled was totally unpredictable an washed out with feet back. Back down to 2.5" for rest of all last season (30+ riding days in some of the deepest snow I've seen in Revy) and I wouldn't ever go taller than the 2.5". It's just plain awesome. I was so close to selling mine an getting a Poo because of the side hill washout till I did this. Now I'm completely impressed!!

The next one we do I'm going to cut the T off and drop it a bit. I've got to check notes but I think we said 1.75"... which would take care of your issue. Putting the T down makes it so you can then run a 4" again, and then have the 4-6" adjustable on there which would be really nice from an ergo standpoint.

The gussets that Wildchild uses would be nice to add to the T top btw... going to find something like that when the next one comes along.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Got out yesterday & I took a measurement off the post fwd setup, looks like we could get away with 1.75 & get a shortened allen wrench in there.

10376303_10202220610178762_4626820994911135048_n.jpg

2014-05-24 11.41.52.jpg

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
Im going to be running the zbros adj. post delete and was wondering what guys were finding to be the best riser to get Im about 5'11 so would a 4" be enough or should I just go with the 4-6 adj. riser from Rox?

Thanks

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
I have the zbroz telescopic delete and 6" rise on my handlebars. I am going for a 4" or a 2" this winter :)
BTW, I am 183 cm, and I like my bars low for pretty much any kind of driving.

But you just have to try out some risers and feel what is right for YOU.

butch1969

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
so if a guy were to convert from a telescopic bar to the fixed hrc bars there would be an improvement in bar position? meaning that the hcr post is further forward than the telescopic?

Also bar forward kits do not work with the HCR post?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
so if a guy were to convert from a telescopic bar to the fixed hrc bars there would be an improvement in bar position? meaning that the hcr post is further forward than the telescopic?

Also bar forward kits do not work with the HCR post?

NO, the fixed post mounts in the same place, but will allow you to rotate riser slightly forward, what it will be is lower and will pivot on impact

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
So in theory the T top mod with the adapter is just as good then? I love that I can push my bars more forward after I went for the zbroz adapter and telescopic delete :D

butch1969

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
Ok thanks guys. I think I might try the HCR post. I ride my telescopic ones one notch up from the bottom, what size risers would you recommend to get the bars about the same height?

F

FrostBite2010

Jan 9, 2010
Haines, Alaska
Here's one way...

3" c3 post fwd with pro taper bars and controls relocated to console. Looking for a decent handlebar mounted tether to take up the gap between brake lever and where the controls used to be. I tried the 2" riser but that was only to see if the bars felt better forward or not, this is the correct way to do the bars IMO. Cleans them up and much stronger, yet allows them to fold when you take them to the chest...or the upper thighs.

image.jpg

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Ok thanks guys. I think I might try the HCR post. I ride my telescopic ones one notch up from the bottom, what size risers would you recommend to get the bars about the same height?

The 4" riser the HCR post comes with I figured as ~2 clicks up from the bottom. I tried the 2" riser and it was a little low for me. I like my bars as low as possible while still being comfortable. I ended up with a 3" RSI riser. Worked great last year. I'm about 5' 11".

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I've never looked close enough at the bottom end of the post to see what kind of bearing/bushing it has down there. Any binding by moving the top of the post forward?

Premium Features